Old November 26th 04, 09:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

Default Tube staff are given 52 days holiday

"Greg Hennessy" wrote in message
On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:40:19 -0000, "JB"
wrote:

Are you implying that I'm not telling the truth, that this isn't becoming
EU
policy?

Not in any country with aspirations of economic growth it wont.

ROTFL! Yeah that works really well in europe.

Oh I see. So all this nonsense about not daring to opt out, worrying about
being passed over for promotions, etc., is in fact just a farce? What
you're saying is you don't favour working time limits? Why be so shy with
your opinions? I don't agree with you, but at least we would be having an
honest discussion.

Old November 26th 04, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:41:56 -0000, "JB"
wrote:

Not in any country with aspirations of economic growth it wont.

ROTFL! Yeah that works really well in europe.

Oh I see. So all this nonsense about not daring to opt out, worrying about
being passed over for promotions, etc., is in fact just a farce?

No, its a statement of hard fact for those of use who have to work in the
real world and not in the producer captured public sector.

What you're saying is you don't favour working time limits?

I dont, its none of 'Europes' business.

Thats a decision to be taken by a UK govt on behalf of its electors no one
else.

greg

--
There's fighting on the left and marching on the right
Don't look up in the sky, you're gonna die of fright
Old November 26th 04, 10:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

"Greg Hennessy" wrote in message

What you're saying is you don't favour working time limits?

I dont, its none of 'Europes' business.

Thats a decision to be taken by a UK govt on behalf of its electors no one
else.

Fair enough, why couldn't you have said that to start with instead of all
the "passed over for promotion" stuff? If employers break laws they should
be punished.

Since we elected Labour, who we knew were going to agree with the policy,
didn't we do just that? That was certainly one reason why I voted Labour.

Old November 27th 04, 10:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:22:03 -0000, "JB"
wrote:

Fair enough, why couldn't you have said that to start with instead of all
the "passed over for promotion" stuff? If employers break laws they should
be punished.

Which ignores how the real world works.

Since we elected Labour, who we knew were going to agree with the policy,
didn't we do just that?

We didn't elect them to import failed franco/german social policy.

Maternity leave is *not* a constructional right

greg
--
Yeah - straight from the top of my dome
As I rock, rock, rock, rock, rock the microphone
Old November 27th 04, 10:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Fair enough, why couldn't you have said that to start with instead of all
the "passed over for promotion" stuff? If employers break laws they should
be punished.

Which ignores how the real world works.

Jesus, the british unions are amongst the strongest in Europe. Who else
if not them could prevent these methods?

Since we elected Labour, who we knew were going to agree with the policy,
didn't we do just that?

We didn't elect them to import failed franco/german social policy.

In Germany's case the reason for failure is not the social policy. They
simply should not have united the country so fast, _that_ did kill economy.

Old November 27th 04, 10:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london
JB JB is offline

"Greg Hennessy" wrote in message

Since we elected Labour, who we knew were going to agree with the policy,
didn't we do just that?

We didn't elect them to import failed franco/german social policy.

Um...I thought I just cleared that up; Yes, yes I did. I suspect you didn't
vote for them at all but perhaps you were overruled by democracy?

Old November 27th 04, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Fair enough, why couldn't you have said that to start with instead of all
the "passed over for promotion" stuff? If employers break laws they should
be punished.

Which ignores how the real world works.

Jesus, the british unions are amongst the strongest in Europe.

ROTFL! You do live in the country ?

Who else
if not them could prevent these methods?

Since when did unions give a XXXX about anyone in the private sector on a
salary ?

Since we elected Labour, who we knew were going to agree with the policy,
didn't we do just that?

We didn't elect them to import failed franco/german social policy.

In Germany's case the reason for failure is not the social policy.

Au contraire. when it costs 45 quid/hour to employ a worker at Volkswagen,
its social policy.

They
simply should not have united the country so fast, _that_ did kill economy.

That was 15 years ago,

Instead of using the new supply of cheap labour handed to it for free,
German pols unified at the wrong exchange rate and paid for them to sit at
home on their Arsch.

Instead of encouraging labour mobility, they took active measures to
prevent it.

greg

Old November 27th 04, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 27 Nov 2004 11:53:02 -0000, "JB"
wrote:

Since we elected Labour, who we knew were going to agree with the policy,
didn't we do just that?

We didn't elect them to import failed franco/german social policy.

Um...I thought I just cleared that up; Yes, yes I did. I suspect you didn't
vote for them at all but perhaps you were overruled by democracy?

Less than half the popular vote via FPTP is not a mandate to impose
monstrosities such as the proposed constitution.

greg

Old November 27th 04, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Malcolm & Nika" wrote in message ...
I dont think youve been listening Boltar. He doesnt get any extra money and
he doesnt get any extra days off either. The extra days are for Station
Staff. They dont drive trains, they stay on stations.

So? It'll be the drivers turn again soon though I think the signalmen are
due for a walkout , they haven't done it for a while.

Oh and I almost forgot, therapy sessions are available should they feel the
need for them. Free.

What a surprise. Poor sausages , life must be tough.

I think you'll find Government employees have had more strike days than the
tube boys and girls.

"Government employees"? Thats a nice catch all. Takes in the entire civil
service & NHS staff. Only about a million people. Nice try. Please produce
figures showing specific government agencies and strike days of their staff.

If hes right and he gets T+1/3, a lot of them only get T+1/4. My personal
opinion on that is whoever accepted such a small premium should be severley
reprimanded. (I think it was....gasp....Bob Crowe).

My personal opinion is that people like you and the bone idle tube staff
are going to have a nasty dose of reality kick you up the backside one day
when some future government calls their bluff and fires the lot of them.
The miners, dockers, electricity workers and others all thought they were
vital and hence invulnerable and look what happened to them when they pushed
their luck too far. I do so hope I'm there to see it when it happens to
Bob Crowe or his successors and his cronies.

B2003