Old December 3rd 04, 10:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Another Oyster question

You know how if you have pre-Pay on your Oyster, you are allowed to pass
it to a friend to use?

I have both pre-Pay and a bus pass on mine, and it occurred to me the
other day to wonder whether, if after I'd touched in to register my
pass, I touched in again, it would deduct the 70p fare for my companion.
I didn't quite like to try....

Similarly, if I go on the Tube and touch in, I presume I can't then pass
the card back to a companion for them to touch in (and similarly when
touching out the other end) and have two fares deducted from the card?

If it doesn't, I reckon they're missing an opportunity..... but it might
make for problematical programming.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old December 3rd 04, 11:15 AM posted to uk.transport.london

You know how if you have pre-Pay on your Oyster, you are allowed to pass
it to a friend to use?

No, if you have an Oyster that *only* has Pre-Pay you are allowed to pass it
to others. Not quite the same thing.

G.

Old December 3rd 04, 03:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Graham J" typed

You know how if you have pre-Pay on your Oyster, you are allowed to pass
it to a friend to use?

No, if you have an Oyster that *only* has Pre-Pay you are allowed to pass it
to others. Not quite the same thing.

And an Oyster card can be used only once on a trip, so your friend would
need to use another, purely PrePay card.

I have a bus pass with added PrePay for my Tube use and a PrePay for
friends (mostly my partner) when they gad about town.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old December 3rd 04, 03:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Graham J wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 3 Dec 2004:

You know how if you have pre-Pay on your Oyster, you are allowed to pass
it to a friend to use?

No, if you have an Oyster that *only* has Pre-Pay you are allowed to pass it
to others. Not quite the same thing.

What if you have an Oyster with pre-pay on it and also a bus pass, as I
do? Can I lend it to someone to go on the Tube with, as then the
pre-pay kicks in? Not that I particularly plan to, just interested.

Old December 3rd 04, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mrs Redboots typed

Graham J wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 3 Dec 2004:

You know how if you have pre-Pay on your Oyster, you are allowed to pass
it to a friend to use?

No, if you have an Oyster that *only* has Pre-Pay you are allowed to
pass it
to others. Not quite the same thing.

What if you have an Oyster with pre-pay on it and also a bus pass, as I
do? Can I lend it to someone to go on the Tube with, as then the
pre-pay kicks in? Not that I particularly plan to, just interested.

No. 'Season Ticket' type Oyster cards are *not* transferable, only
free-standing PrePay Oyster cards are.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Old December 3rd 04, 07:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 3 Dec 2004:

Mrs Redboots typed

Graham J wrote to uk.transport.london on Fri, 3 Dec 2004:

You know how if you have pre-Pay on your Oyster, you are allowed to pass
it to a friend to use?

No, if you have an Oyster that *only* has Pre-Pay you are allowed to
pass it
to others. Not quite the same thing.

What if you have an Oyster with pre-pay on it and also a bus pass, as I
do? Can I lend it to someone to go on the Tube with, as then the
pre-pay kicks in? Not that I particularly plan to, just interested.

No. 'Season Ticket' type Oyster cards are *not* transferable, only
free-standing PrePay Oyster cards are.

Fair enough - although you would have thought it wouldn't matter if only
the Pre-pay was being used; I quite see it would be cheating to allow
the season ticket to be used by someone else.