Old December 6th 04, 02:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Travelcard extending?

On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 13:07:29 GMT, "elyob"
wrote:

I did find this by searching a bit more on ticket extensions (wasn't aware
of these).

" Ticket Extensions covering Zone 1 cost £1.40 but are only available from
the machines in Zones 1 & 2. "

Where did you find this information? I was under the impression that a
zone 1 extension is £2 - it certainly is when I use my Zone 2-3 Season
to travel to zone 1.

Or have I missed something? ;-)

Cheers,

Jason.

--
"No man in this country is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, to arrange his legal relations to his business or is property as to enable
the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores. The Inland Revenue is not slow to take every advantage which is open to it

Lord Clyde, ruling on the test case of Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services v Inland Revenue Commissioners (1929)

Old December 6th 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Some crappy website .. http://tinyurl.com/5p3xd

Old December 6th 04, 05:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I did find this by searching a bit more on ticket extensions
(wasn't aware of these).

" Ticket Extensions covering Zone 1 cost £1.40 but are only
available from the machines in Zones 1 & 2. "

Where did you find this information? I was under the impression
that a zone 1 extension is £2 - it certainly is when I use my Zone
2-3 Season
to travel to zone 1.

Or have I missed something? ;-)

Cheers,

Jason.

Some crappy website .. http://tinyurl.com/5p3xd

Hmm. You shouldn't rely on the London Hotel Reservation Centre for
information about fares, or indeed about anything. Their site claims
that outer London bus fares are 70p, doesn't know about the national
museums being free, and mentions The Millennium Experience Visitor's
[sic] Centre at Greenwich where you can see "what is planned for the
inside of the Dome".

According to
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...t-insert-2.pdf ,
a Ticket Extension for Zone 1 can be bought at self-service ticket
machines in Zones 2 - 6. On the return journey, buy a single Zone 1
ticket.
--
Richard J.

Old December 7th 04, 08:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 6 Dec 2004 15:23:11 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

Jason writes:

[19 lines snipped]

--
"No man in this country is under the smallest obligation, moral or other, to arrange his legal relations to his business or His property as to enable
the Inland Revenue to put the largest possible shovel into his stores. The Inland Revenue is not slow to take every advantage which is open to it
under the taxing statutes for the purpose of depleting the taxpayer's pocket. And the taxpayer is, in like manner, entitled to be astute to
preVent, so far as he honestly can, the depletion of his means by the Inland Revenue."

Lord Clyde, ruling on the test case of Ayrshire Pullman Motor Services v Inland Revenue Commissioners (1929)

Do you think you could possibly reduce your sig to something
approaching Usenet norms, that is, no more than 4 lines of 80
characters, if it's not too much trouble? Thanks.

Oh, and there are two typos in it, too.

You really haven't got a life, have you?
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War:
http://www.cwgcuser.org.uk/personal/...ra/lu/tuaw.htm
625-Online - classic British television:
http://www.625.org.uk
'Things to Come' - An Incomplete Classic:
http://www.thingstocome.org.uk