Old December 5th 04, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Paddington to High Barnet

In article , (Huge)
wrote:

(Colin Rosenstiel) writes:
In article ,

(Tom Cordiner) wrote:

Han Monsees wrote:
Hello,

I'll have to travel from Paddington to Underhill Stadium near High
Barnet Northernline station. According to the journeyplanner on
the tube-website, the quickest route is H&C to either Euston
Square or KingsX and Northernline to High Barnet. The journeytime
should not be more than 50-55 minutes.

Are these figures realistic and is this really the shortest route?
Paddington and Barnet are much closer together in my perception.

I used to make this journey twice a day. It was never much fun, and
would typically take 45-50mins. In order to avoid the Circle/H&C I'd
often take the Bakerloo to Oxford Circus and Victoria up to KGX or
Euston. All much of a muchness, I fear.

The TfL journey planner offers Finsbury Park to New Barnet via WAGN
and the 84 bus as an alternative but it doesn't look any quicker. At
times when GN Inner Suburbans run from the Cross it might be, but how
frequent is the 84 then?

And the WAGN service is disrupted, at least at peak times due to
escalator work at Moorgate. Which is going to take 8 *months*.

Since the route to New Barnet is probably via Finsbury Park that's not a
problem.

--
Colin Rosenstiel