Old December 5th 04, 01:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Paddington to High Barnet

Hello,

I'll have to travel from Paddington to Underhill Stadium near High
Barnet Northernline station. According to the journeyplanner on the
tube-website, the quickest route is H&C to either Euston Square or
KingsX and Northernline to High Barnet. The journeytime should not be
more than 50-55 minutes.

Are these figures realistic and is this really the shortest route?
Paddington and Barnet are much closer together in my perception.

regards,
Han Monsees

Old December 5th 04, 02:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Han Monsees wrote:
Hello,

I'll have to travel from Paddington to Underhill Stadium near High
Barnet Northernline station. According to the journeyplanner on the
tube-website, the quickest route is H&C to either Euston Square or
KingsX and Northernline to High Barnet. The journeytime should not be
more than 50-55 minutes.

Are these figures realistic and is this really the shortest route?
Paddington and Barnet are much closer together in my perception.

I used to make this journey twice a day. It was never much fun, and
would typically take 45-50mins. In order to avoid the Circle/H&C I'd
often take the Bakerloo to Oxford Circus and Victoria up to KGX or
Euston. All much of a muchness, I fear.

HTH,

Tom
Old December 5th 04, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

The TfL journey planner offers Finsbury Park to New Barnet via WAGN

and
the 84 bus as an alternative but it doesn't look any quicker. At

times
when GN Inner Suburbans run from the Cross it might be, but how

frequent
is the 84 then?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

The 84 bus runs about every 15 minutes, I think, and , although the
bus starts at the new Barnet train station, it is not synchronised
with the trains at all. There are some starting times when, as you
walk up the steps leaving the station, you see the bus leaving the
stop.

So much for integrated transport

Jeremy Parker

Old December 6th 04, 07:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Jeremy Parker" wrote in message ...

The TfL journey planner offers Finsbury Park to New Barnet via WAGN

and
the 84 bus as an alternative but it doesn't look any quicker. At

times
when GN Inner Suburbans run from the Cross it might be, but how

frequent
is the 84 then?

--
Colin Rosenstiel

The 84 bus runs about every 15 minutes, I think, and , although the
bus starts at the new Barnet train station, it is not synchronised
with the trains at all. There are some starting times when, as you
walk up the steps leaving the station, you see the bus leaving the
stop.

So much for integrated transport

Jeremy Parker

The 84 is not very frequent - but there are LOADS of buses that run
from New Barnet to High Barnet anyway... 107, 184, 307, 326 & 383.

Having said all that, I'd get the tube all the way if coming from
Paddington.
Old December 7th 04, 01:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Pete wrote:
The 84 is not very frequent - but there are LOADS of buses that run
from New Barnet to High Barnet anyway... 107, 184, 307, 326 & 383.

But he wants to go to Underhill Stadium.

84 & 107 start from New Barnet Station and go up Station Road, past the
Odeon and onto Barnet Hill. The 384 arrives in the same place but a little
less directly.

Walk round the corner to Station Road to catch the 307 & 326 (which actually
goes down near the ground).

However the 383 (and 184 in Station Road) go via Meadway to High Barnet
Station and you will have to walk back down Barnet Hill, in which case you
could just have walked from New Barnet in the first place!

Dave
(New Barnet)