Old January 12th 04, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Why is High Barnet in Zone 4 and 5

Hi,

I have a Z1-4 yearly travel card but had to visit High Barnet recently
and so bought an extension at West Finchley. But when I was in High
Barnet I found that the busses are classed as being in Zone 4 so I was
able to continue my journey to Barnet Hospital with no further charge.

Is there some odd historical reason why it's in Z5 for the tube but Z4
for the bus?

Thanks
Andy

Old January 12th 04, 01:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bus zones only went from 1-4 so you would also find the same situation at
Edgware. Now there is no such thing as zones on buses.

Old January 12th 04, 05:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Peter
Beale writes

In article ,
(Helen Deborah Vecht) wrote:

Any Travelcard can be used on any bus.

Does that mean e.g. on the 84 out to St Albans, or is it just within
the former GLC area?

It is valid on a number of services well beyond the former GLC area,
including certain routes to Epsom, Westerham, Debden and even Dorking.
Details are in the "Beyond the Fringes" leaflet:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...he-fringes.pdf

On the 84, travelcards, bus passes, saver tickets etc can be used out as
far as Potters Bar, but not as far as St Albans.

--
Paul Terry

Old January 12th 04, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 14:14:21 GMT Helen Deborah Vecht
said...

There is no zone 6 for buses. Bus stops have Zone 4 (5,6) on their posts.

There are, in any case, no zones now for buses anyway (since 4 January).

So I wonder if (over time) the zone numbers will disappear on bus stops
as effectively they are now obsolete?

--
Phil Richards
London, N4
Old January 12th 04, 10:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...yond-the-fring
es.pdf

On the 84, travelcards, bus passes, saver tickets etc can be used out
as far as Potters Bar, but not as far as St Albans.

Many thanks, very helpful.

--
Peter Beale