Old December 13th 04, 09:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster pre-pay on Buses from 2 January

What's happened to the plan for a £ 1.00 Oyster pre-pay fare for any bus
journey in the morning peak?

I'm sure this was announced but the "Fares from 2 January 2005" pdf at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...ts/2005-fares-
leaflet.pdf (url will wrap) makes no mention of it!

David

Old December 14th 04, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

David Jackman wrote:
What's happened to the plan for a £ 1.00 Oyster pre-pay fare for any bus
journey in the morning peak?

I'm sure this was announced but the "Fares from 2 January 2005" pdf at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...ts/2005-fares-
leaflet.pdf (url will wrap) makes no mention of it!

I'm glad you picked that up, because I didn't even notice. Maybe they
decided it was too complicated (having just simplified fares to one
level in the *last* fares change)?

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old December 14th 04, 01:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

David Jackman typed

What's happened to the plan for a £ 1.00 Oyster pre-pay fare for any bus
journey in the morning peak?

I'm sure this was announced but the "Fares from 2 January 2005" pdf at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...ts/2005-fares-
leaflet.pdf (url will wrap) makes no mention of it!

David

The pdf I downloaded gives single bus fares as follows:

Cash: £1.20 (at all times)

Oyster PrePay: £1.00 ( Mon-Fri 0630 - 0929)
80p at all other times

It's a while since I downloaded it so I can't give a valid URL.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old December 14th 04, 04:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
David Jackman typed

What's happened to the plan for a £ 1.00 Oyster pre-pay fare for any bus
journey in the morning peak?

I'm sure this was announced but the "Fares from 2 January 2005" pdf at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...ts/2005-fares-
leaflet.pdf (url will wrap) makes no mention of it!

David

The pdf I downloaded gives single bus fares as follows:

Cash: £1.20 (at all times)

Oyster PrePay: £1.00 ( Mon-Fri 0630 - 0929)
80p at all other times

It's a while since I downloaded it so I can't give a valid URL.

But is that the preliminary one which is just a plain table? The one
mentioned above is the final version of the new fares leaflet.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old December 14th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 12:34:22 +0000, Dave Arquati wrote:

David Jackman wrote:
What's happened to the plan for a £ 1.00 Oyster pre-pay fare for any bus
journey in the morning peak?

I'm sure this was announced but the "Fares from 2 January 2005" pdf at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...ts/2005-fares-
leaflet.pdf (url will wrap) makes no mention of it!

I'm glad you picked that up, because I didn't even notice. Maybe they
decided it was too complicated (having just simplified fares to one
level in the *last* fares change)?

I have to say that is quite interesting - it's very unusual for a
fundamental aspect of the fares proposals to quietly disappear. I expect
that your theory about complexity is correct plus the inevitable issues
about buses running early or late and people arguing about what side of
the charge times they are. At least on the tube the gates offer some
form of entry and exit control whereas on the bus people simply have a
row with the kerbside machine, Oyster validator, driver or conductor
(!).
--
Paul C

Old December 14th 04, 07:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:
Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

David Jackman typed

What's happened to the plan for a £ 1.00 Oyster pre-pay fare for any
bus journey in the morning peak?

I'm sure this was announced but the "Fares from 2 January 2005" pdf
at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...ts/2005-fares-
leaflet.pdf (url will wrap) makes no mention of it!

David

The pdf I downloaded gives single bus fares as follows:

Cash: £1.20 (at all times)

Oyster PrePay: £1.00 ( Mon-Fri 0630 - 0929)
80p at all other times

It's a while since I downloaded it so I can't give a valid URL.

But is that the preliminary one which is just a plain table? The one
mentioned above is the final version of the new fares leaflet.

Which is 80p for Oyster PrePay. Why complain?
Old December 14th 04, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati typed

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
David Jackman typed

The pdf I downloaded gives single bus fares as follows:

Cash: £1.20 (at all times)

Oyster PrePay: £1.00 ( Mon-Fri 0630 - 0929)
80p at all other times

It's a while since I downloaded it so I can't give a valid URL.

But is that the preliminary one which is just a plain table? The one
mentioned above is the final version of the new fares leaflet.

Looked like the new fares leaflet to me, with different colours for
different modes. My information came from page 8 on the pdf (= pp 15-16
of the printed version)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old December 14th 04, 11:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

David Jackman typed

What's happened to the plan for a £ 1.00 Oyster pre-pay fare for any
bus journey in the morning peak?

I'm sure this was announced but the "Fares from 2 January 2005" pdf
at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/downloads/...ts/2005-fares-
leaflet.pdf (url will wrap) makes no mention of it!

David

The pdf I downloaded gives single bus fares as follows:

Cash: £1.20 (at all times)

Oyster PrePay: £1.00 ( Mon-Fri 0630 - 0929)
80p at all other times

It's a while since I downloaded it so I can't give a valid URL.

But is that the preliminary one which is just a plain table? The one
mentioned above is the final version of the new fares leaflet.

Which is 80p for Oyster PrePay. Why complain?

I wasn't complaining!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old December 15th 04, 05:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

"Helen Deborah Vecht" wrote in message
Dave Arquati typed

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:
David Jackman typed

The pdf I downloaded gives single bus fares as follows:

Cash: £1.20 (at all times)

Oyster PrePay: £1.00 ( Mon-Fri 0630 - 0929)
80p at all other times

It's a while since I downloaded it so I can't give a valid URL.

But is that the preliminary one which is just a plain table? The one
mentioned above is the final version of the new fares leaflet.

Looked like the new fares leaflet to me, with different colours for
different modes. My information came from page 8 on the pdf (= pp 15-16
of the printed version)

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

I also downloaded this version with the peak £1 oyster bus fare. It has been replaced with the one
available for download now. In this new version they have also increased some off-peak tube fares
which do not include zone1 from £1.10 to £1.30.

Old December 15th 04, 06:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 14:44:56 GMT, Helen Deborah Vecht
wrote:

The pdf I downloaded gives single bus fares as follows:

Cash: £1.20 (at all times)

Oyster PrePay: £1.00 ( Mon-Fri 0630 - 0929)
80p at all other times

It's a while since I downloaded it so I can't give a valid URL.

The new one has definitely changed. It even says so on the cover page: "75%
recycled." ;-)

Definitely a good time to stock up on £0.70 Saver Tickets. They'll still be
good in the new year.