Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 7th 05, 03:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster Pre-Pay over-charge?

On Tuesday evening , WAGN rail from Essex Road (Z2) to Highbury and
Islington, then Victoria line to Walthamstow Central (Z3) was charged
at £1.80 instead of £1.10

My first thought was that the journey had 'timed-out' and charged a
Z2-6 fare which is £1.80,

When I 'touched-in' at Essex Road, a change of mind meant I went back
to the ticket office (it's ungated) to renew a Period Travelcard -
thus adding an extra 15 minutes to my journey time.

Seeing as I touched in *and* out, within a reasonable timeframe (about
45 minutes) I assumed this shouldn't be the case.

So it's either my journey time was too long, or the fare was charged
incorrectly. Which is more likely?
--
Cheers,

Jason.