Old January 20th 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Frequent service maps...

In article ,
(Peter Smyth) wrote:

How do you work that out? Seems to be 6 to me, 2 to Victoria via
Crystal Palace, 2 to Caterham and 2 to Sutton.

Then 6 to London Brodge as well...

--
Paul Cummins - Always a NetHead
Wasting Bandwidth since 1981

Old January 20th 05, 10:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Peter Smyth wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

4tph is also the off-peak frequency to London at Richmond, Ealing
Broadway (District) and Rickmansworth outwards. I accept that that's a
small proportion of stations.

Richmond and Ealing Broadway both have 6tph off-peak. Rickmansworth -
Amersham has 6tph if you include the Chilterns. The only stations of LU
with less than 6tph are Chesham (2tph), Woodford-Hainault (3tph),
Kensington Olympia and Mill Hill East (4tph), New Cross and New Cross
Gate (5tph each).

My apologies about Richmond and Ealing - I didn't check beforehand. But
Rickmansworth only has 4tph direct to central London between 10am and 3pm
weekdays, including the Chilterns - Met departures are at xx00 and xx30,
Chilterns at xx10 and xx40.

You must be looking at an out of date timetable. It has been 4+2tph for at
least a year - see
http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/first...oundWTT318.pdf

Looking further I see that the TfL Interactive Map http://map.tfl.gov.uk
gives the times you quote from a timetable poster dated 29/09/02. In fact
none of the timetables on the map seem to have been updated for some time.

That's where I was. The newer frequency is a pretty good boost.

It's quite impressive that at only 8 stations out of 275 do you have to
wait more than 10 minutes for a train.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old January 22nd 05, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I think a 15 minute interval is just enough to qualify - after all,
given that the average wait should be 7.5mins, that's just enough

time
at the big terminals to buy a ticket and find the platform if

you're
unfamilar with the place.

I think worst-case time is more important than average - i want to

know
i'm not going to have to wait longer than a given time.

In Putney theres a sign advertising up to 6 trains per hour (off peak)
to Waterloo. Thats fine except on a Sunday when all 6 trains leave
between ten to and twenty past

Old January 25th 05, 11:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Dave Arquati)
wrote:

It's quite impressive that at only 8 stations out of 275 do you have to
wait more than 10 minutes for a train.

In theory at least!

--
Colin Rosenstiel

What basic two platform station has the most frequent service? Recliner[_3_] London Transport 5 May 29th 15 08:34 PM
More frequent? C London Transport 8 January 3rd 07 03:57 PM
Frequent service maps... John Rowland London Transport 46 January 29th 05 06:31 PM
Frequent service maps... Nick London Transport 22 January 29th 05 12:01 PM
Frequent service maps... Tom Anderson London Transport 0 January 20th 05 03:46 PM