Old February 7th 05, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How long does it change to swap bus drivers?

David B wrote:

Most bus passengers are a miserable bunch.

I wouldn't go that far, though...

They whine and moan about
everything and anything, particularly if there is a delay of any sort. Coach
passengers on the other hand tend to be different and don't seem to mind
late running.

.... that is very true.

...Once I started a journey almost 15 minutes down
because of a toilet problem which needed fixing. I didn't get a murmour of
complaint from my passengers, some of whom had been waiting at the stop for
30 mins. They were just glad I had come at all!

Passengers on citytraffic are somewhat spoiled. They seem to tke it as
granted that there's a bus coming up every 5 to 10 minuteswhile regional
passengers do still cherish the few buses the get per day as long as
they show up at all.
Old February 7th 05, 07:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:10:20 +0100, Guy Perry
wrote:

Passengers on citytraffic are somewhat spoiled. They seem to tke it as
granted that there's a bus coming up every 5 to 10 minutes

Not wishing to state the obvious, but if the timetable says every 5 to
10 minutes, they have a right to expect it. They are not "spoiled", it
is part of the "product" on offer.

ITYF that if all London bus routes operated hourly, there'd be a lot
more cars on the road, congestion charge or no. IOW, the two are not
comparable in that way.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain
Old February 10th 05, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Neil Williams
writes
Not wishing to state the obvious, but if the timetable says every 5 to
10 minutes, they have a right to expect it. They are not "spoiled", it
is part of the "product" on offer.

ITYF that if all London bus routes operated hourly, there'd be a lot
more cars on the road, congestion charge or no. IOW, the two are not
comparable in that way.

Very reasonable, and we should get cheap fuel because of our lack of
public transport.
--
Clive.
Old February 8th 05, 05:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Guy Perry wrote:
Passengers on citytraffic are somewhat spoiled. They seem to tke it

as
granted that there's a bus coming up every 5 to 10 minuteswhile

regional
passengers do still cherish the few buses the get per day as long as
they show up at all.

Not really.

When at home in the countryside I know the bus leaves at quater to the
odd hour between 8.45am and 5pm so I arrive at the bus stop a few
minutes before and get on (and get a seat or two).

In london, if there's a bus 'every 10 to 12 minutes' on one route and
'every 10-15 minutes' on the other this normally adds up to a
significant wait.