Old February 12th 05, 04:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Epping-Ongar services closer to fruitition

"PRAR" wrote in message

Aren't they going to relay the line so they can use all those Finnish
locos and rolling stock?

With the Regional Spatial Strategy putting forward proposals for 6,000
dwellings at North Weald as a sustainable community, you might find Prescott
placing a bit of pressure on Livingstone to re-extend that Central Line..

Old February 12th 05, 05:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian Harper wrote:

With the Regional Spatial Strategy putting forward proposals for
6,000 dwellings at North Weald as a sustainable community, you might
find Prescott placing a bit of pressure on Livingstone to re-extend
that Central Line..

And send trains where?

Suppose the line is upgraded with a substation at Ongar, new P/Way, and
double track as far as North Weald (or even just the passing loop at
North Weald). Where would you send the trains on the line?

If a serious attempt to get through traffic ever materialized, you
would need through services at least as far as Loughton or Woodford (or
even Leytonstone!) to make the whole exercise worthwhile. Otherwise you
might as well rebuild Epping with an island platform.

This of course is all dependent on porcine flight, mind...

Old February 13th 05, 09:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message

Can you see the line from the M11?

Yes, but obviously it is easier as a car passenger.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old February 22nd 05, 02:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message ,
Colin Rosenstiel writes

At least you get to see the M11

Can you see the line from the M11? I can't say I noticed it when
driving to and from London the other Sunday. I saw the Central Line
overbridge further South.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Don't take your eyes off the tarmac.
--
Clive.
Old March 1st 05, 07:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Hi im James i am a voulenteer down at the railway and i think the
service at the moment for the money we have is ok.
We do have a steam loco lined up but first we need proper passenger
cars, and the second lane at ongar put back onto the mainline and the
5ft gauge locos sold.
Weve only started so give us a chance things will improve.
Regards James

Old March 2nd 05, 03:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

EorJames wrote:
Hi im James i am a voulenteer down at the railway and i think the
service at the moment for the money we have is ok.
We do have a steam loco lined up but first we need proper passenger
cars, and the second lane at ongar put back onto the mainline and the
5ft gauge locos sold.

The 5ft gauge locos are to be sold? Interesting.

That will leave the EORVS with three roads at Ongar; the platform road,
the central road with the locos, and the pit road.

Weve only started so give us a chance things will improve.

Undoubtedly. I've seen some of the improvements for myself and I know
that things will definitely be getting better.