Old February 14th 05, 04:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Prepay Capping Tube Magazine

Robert Woolley wrote:
On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 12:27:24 +0000, Dave Arquati
wrote:

Ashley Brown wrote:

The Spring issue of Tube magazine dropped through my door this morning,
with the following on page 39:

"If you use an Oyster Pre Pay, you'll get even more value for money
thanks to its new feature - capping. Due to start in March, customers
who make a number of Pre Pay trips ... blah"

Oystercard.com doesn't seem to mention it and the FAQ entry regarding
capping in the support section still says:

"We are looking at ‘capping’ the maximum amount you will pay in any one
day but have no firm details or a planned introduction date at present."

I hope that magazine is right, or there'll be some hell to pay...

Of course, implementing it is one thing, but implementing it properly
will also be a challenge, I'm sure...

Which is why an *awful* lot of training is going on inside LUL (and
presumably elsewhere) to get things across to passengers.

Why publicise capping if the staff haven't yet been fully trained?

There have been dates set for bus prepay and for capping before, but
they've always been pushed back because of technical problems.

If capping comes out on 27 February, I will be extremely pleased and
will appreciate all the work that's gone into its introduction, despite
the delay.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7