Old February 20th 05, 12:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Stretched SUV

In Mile End tonight I watched with amazement at a what can only be
described as a genuine american-style stretched SUV.

Funny thing was, the numberplates were'nt in any script I couldrecognise.
Not Japanese, Chinese, Latin, Cyrillic or Arabic. I assume it's exempt
from the congestion charge in that case.

As it's not hard to hide a stretched SUV, why dod they police fail to pull
these types of vehicles over?
--
Everything I write here is my personal opinion, and should not be taken as fact.

Old February 20th 05, 02:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:

In Mile End tonight I watched with amazement at a what can only be
described as a genuine american-style stretched SUV.

Funny thing was, the numberplates were'nt in any script I couldrecognise.
Not Japanese, Chinese, Latin, Cyrillic or Arabic. I assume it's exempt
from the congestion charge in that case.

I think that just leaves Greek, Korean and Cambodian. And possibly
Nepalese, though I'm not sure about that one.

As it's not hard to hide a stretched SUV, why dod they police fail to pull
these types of vehicles over?

Given that you watched with amazement, you obviously don't see many of
them, so how do you know?

What did this one do, anyway?
Old February 20th 05, 11:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:

As it's not hard to hide a stretched SUV, why dod they police fail to pull
these types of vehicles over?

Excuse my ignorance, but is that kind of vehicle illegal?
--
Michael Hoffman
Old February 20th 05, 12:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Not if it belongs to the Sultan of Brunei et al......
Old February 20th 05, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Michael Hoffman wrote the following in:

Paul Weaver wrote:

As it's not hard to hide a stretched SUV, why dod they police
fail to pull these types of vehicles over?

Excuse my ignorance, but is that kind of vehicle illegal?

Have they started legislating against bad taste?

--
message by Robin May.
Drinking Special Brew will get you drunk in much the same way that

http://robinmay.fotopic.net

Old February 20th 05, 01:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:35:45 +0000, Michael Hoffman wrote:

Paul Weaver wrote:

As it's not hard to hide a stretched SUV, why dod they police fail to pull
these types of vehicles over?

Excuse my ignorance, but is that kind of vehicle illegal?

The unreadable numberplate which you helpfully snipped.

--
Everything I write here is my personal opinion, and should not be taken as fact.

Old February 20th 05, 01:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:

The unreadable numberplate which you helpfully snipped.

Oh, if it was the unreadable number plates that were at issue,
it's a good thing you used such a helpful subject as
"Stretched SUV."

Did you see the stretched SUV with unreadble number plates
pass any police vehicles?
--
Michael Hoffman
Old February 20th 05, 03:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:

As it's not hard to hide a stretched SUV, why dod they police
fail to pull these types of vehicles over?

Excuse my ignorance, but is that kind of vehicle illegal?

Have they started legislating against bad taste?

They aught to. Drifting OT given this is utl but I was out in
Manchester the other week and was getting a lift home in a taxi when a
stretched Porsche Cayenne with those "bling" revolving hub-caps pulled
up alongside us. The taxi driver nearly creamed his pants
--

ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,,,,ø¤º°`°º¤ø
Please reply to the group
Old February 20th 05, 06:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Paul Weaver
writes
In Mile End tonight I watched with amazement at a what can only be
described as a genuine american-style stretched SUV.

I saw what I thought was a stretch SUV parked on the King's Road one
evening sometime last year. A closer inspection revealed that it was
actually two, the front end of one connected by a wrap around shell, of
the same colour and painted to look like a stretch vehicle, to the rear
end of the other. I think it was a promotional stunt for either a
restaurant or club opening.

--
congokid
Good restaurants in London? Number one on Google
Old February 20th 05, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

In Mile End tonight I watched with amazement at a what can only be
described as a genuine american-style stretched SUV.

Funny thing was, the numberplates were'nt in any script I
could recognise. Not Japanese, Chinese, Latin, Cyrillic or Arabic. I
assume it's exempt from the congestion charge in that case.

If it's not UK registered, then I don't think it's exempt, but it's more a
case of not being able to enforce it.

But since it probably seats more than 9 people, it'd be exempt anyway.