Old March 1st 05, 11:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fantasy bus routes

In message , asdf
writes
4. 80 - Hackbridge to Belmont. This is one crazy route which meanders all
over the place

I don't think I've ever seen a route wander around as much as the 191
from Brimsdown to Edmonton Green. (Although the H13 from Ruislip Lido
to Wiltshire Lane probably has the two closes-to-each-other termini.)

Apart from the H10 of course - Harrow Bus Stn to Harrow Bus Stn, via
much of the local area

I nearly added "except for circular routes" to my first posting.......
:-)

--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Old March 1st 05, 11:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"asdf" wrote in message

Introduce a direct Harrow to Ealing bus route,
linking at least town centre with town centre.
Takes under 20 mins by car; but a very awkward
journey by bus/tube, taking up to an hour, with
multiple changes.

Why not interchange from the 182 to the 83 at Wembley Central?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old March 1st 05, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote:
"E. Zackatackali" wrote the following in:

If you had the power to add/change/remove bus routes, what would
you do?

15: I'd extend this to Canning Town. Why Blackwall station? It's a
bizarre place for the route to end with the only interchange being to
the DLR. If it continued a few minutes more to Canning Town then you'd
have interchange with loads of buses and trains, making it much easier
for people to continue their journey.

There will be a need for a service across the Lower Lea Crossing once
the new Leamouth footbridge is constructed. Extending the 15 would
probably be the ideal candidate for that; the only alternative seems to
be the 277 which goes off to serve Tower Hamlets Town Hall et al. After
the Crossing it could then head up to Canning Town; it's doubling back a
bit but not too much.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old March 1st 05, 12:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

1 Extend the E1 to Yeading White Hart
2 Extend the E9 through the Downe Manor Estate (Down Way/Townson
Avenue) through to Charville Lane Estate3 Terminate the E3 at
Turnham Green Church (avoid the Chiswick High School kids)4 Reroute
the 140 back to Mill Hill and put the 114 back to Harrow Weald

That's a few for starters

In article , (E.

*From:* "E. Zackatackali"
*Date:* Mon, 28 Feb 2005 22:08:41 -0000

If you had the power to add/change/remove bus routes, what would you do?

There would be four changes I would make:

1. 35 - Shoreditch to Clapham Junction. I'd extend the Shoreditch end
to run
to Hackney Central and truncate the Clapham Junction at Brixton. So
there
would now be a link between South London and Hackney.

2. 345 - Peckham to South Kensington. I'd reroute this at Brixton so
that it
runs along the route of the changed 35 to Clapham Junction

3. 197 - Norwood Junction - East Croydon. I can't see the point of such
short route. I'd extend this to Thornton Heath.

4. 80 - Hackbridge to Belmont. This is one crazy route which meanders
all
over the place - a shame, since Sutton seems to have very few links to
anywhere. I'd keep the section from Belmont to Sutton, then reroute the
rest
of the route via the route of the 407 up to Purley Way, then the route
of
the 289 up to Thornton Heath, then the route of the 109 up to Streatham.

Old March 1st 05, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Introduce a direct Harrow to Ealing bus route,
linking at least town centre with town centre.
Takes under 20 mins by car; but a very awkward
journey by bus/tube, taking up to an hour, with
multiple changes.

Why not interchange from the 182 to the 83 at Wembley Central?

Because it's an extremely unreliable route. The 182 and 83 are both
prone to delays and bunching; 20-30 mins total waiting for buses
occurs far too often.

It's not even the quickest way with theoretical average waiting times.
Try sticking Harrow-on-the-Hill to Ealing Broadway into the TfL
Journey Planner: it doesn't come up with that route, or indeed any
route with less than 2 changes.
Old March 2nd 05, 02:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

There will be a need for a service across the Lower Lea
Crossing once the new Leamouth footbridge is constructed.

Why does builiding a new footbridge create a new bus demand?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old March 2nd 05, 03:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"E. Zackatackali" wrote in message ...
If you had the power to add/change/remove bus routes, what would you do?

93 - send it all round Lower Morden
293 - send it direct along the A24 into Morden, extend it to St
George's Hospital, and increase the frequency from 3bph to 4bph
470 - cut it back to Morden

N77 - extend it along the 406 route to Epsom

68 - extend it to King's Cross Station

77A - renumber it - I don't care what to, but it bears so little
resemblance to the plain 77

RV1 - run it with those fake heritage tram ye olde stylee buses you
find in foreign cities to amuse the tourists

James
Old March 2nd 05, 03:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Ian Jelf wrote in message
I don't think I've ever seen a route wander around as much as the 191
from Brimsdown to Edmonton Green.

I've seen worse. PTE subsidised routes can be quite funny. I can't
imagine anyone riding Birmingham's 649/650 out of choice.

James
Old March 2nd 05, 10:00 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , James
writes
RV1 - run it with those fake heritage tram ye olde stylee buses you
find in foreign cities to amuse the tourists

How about using RMs on it instead?