Old March 8th 05, 01:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Public Transport to Heathrow

I am trying to do the decent thing and find out about bus services to
Heathrow but I am getting tired of being directed to 0990 telephone
numbers or web sites that are not available. Surely the world's busiest
airport has a site that tells me how to get from Watford to Heathrow.
If only using public transprt was the panacia that the enthusiasts
would have us believe.
Does anybody know of a good site as I don't have all day to google
this.

Thanks

Kevin

Old March 8th 05, 01:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://nrekb.nationalrail.co.uk/pois...unction.39.htm

--

Stephen

Managing Without Opera. It's the third week of the experiment. How are
Hannah and Gavin coping? Why is their sitting-room pale green? Why can't
they laugh without showing their gums? What's on the other side?
Old March 8th 05, 01:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article . com, wrote:
I am trying to do the decent thing and find out about bus services to
Heathrow but I am getting tired of being directed to 0990 telephone
numbers or web sites that are not available. Surely the world's busiest
airport has a site that tells me how to get from Watford to Heathrow.

What about

http://www.baa.com/main/airports/hea...ere_frame.html

http://www.baa.com/main/airports/hea...air_frame.html

--
Tony Bryer

Old March 8th 05, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tony Bryer wrote:
In article . com,

wrote:

What about

http://www.baa.com/main/airports/hea...ere_frame.html

http://www.baa.com/main/airports/hea...air_frame.html

Also here is the pdf timetable for Arriva (Green Line) service 724:

http://tinyurl.com/6o8s9

which is another service between Watford and Heathrow.

Old March 8th 05, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Well, if you want a scenic ride around West London, there's always the
140 from Harrow & Wealdstone station to Heathrow Central Bus Station.

Old March 8th 05, 11:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"James" typed

Well, if you want a scenic ride around West London, there's always the
140 from Harrow & Wealdstone station to Heathrow Central Bus Station.

....which you could couple with a trip on the 258 to Watford Junction.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old March 9th 05, 05:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message opsncfqpzgwnvjb9@whisk, at 00:02:39 on Wed, 9 Mar 2005,
James Farrar remarked:
Surely the world's busiest airport has a site that tells me how to
get from Watford to Heathrow.

It's not the world's busiest airport, that's Atlanta, followed by
Chicago. LHR has more passengers at its international terminals than
any other airport [has at its international terminals], which is the
basis of their rather dodgy claim.

I thought the basis of its claim was that it has the greatest number of
journeys starting and ending, whilst a significant proportion of
Hartsfield-Jackson's passengers are merely in transit.

No, it's purely the numbers of passengers taking international flights
(a majority at LHR, a minority at ATL).