Old March 12th 05, 07:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Oyster flambe

Another bendy bus fi
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4343555.stm

Old March 12th 05, 07:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 12 Mar 2005 20:16:12 GMT, "Orienteer"
wrote:

Another bendy bus fi
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4343555.stm

Why *is* London having so much trouble with these things? I never
heard of major problems with Citaros (admittedly not the bendy
variety) in either Hamburg or Manchester, where there are significant
numbers of them.

Are they not being maintained correctly, or is there a specific design
fault in the bendy variety that hasn't been fixed yet? (I thought,
like other posters, that it had).

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain
Old March 12th 05, 08:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

(Neil Williams) wrote the following
in:

wrote:

Another bendy bus fi
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4343555.stm

Why *is* London having so much trouble with these things? I never
heard of major problems with Citaros (admittedly not the bendy
variety) in either Hamburg or Manchester, where there are
significant numbers of them.

Are they not being maintained correctly, or is there a specific
design fault in the bendy variety that hasn't been fixed yet? (I
thought, like other posters, that it had).

This seems to be a rather minor fire. The previous fires completely
destroyed the buses, this one seems to have been nowhere near as
serious because no damage was done to the passenger compartment.

--
message by Robin May.
Drinking Special Brew will get you drunk in much the same way that

http://robinmay.fotopic.net
Old March 13th 05, 09:50 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Another bendy bus fi
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...on/4343555.stm

Why *is* London having so much trouble with these things? I never
heard of major problems with Citaros (admittedly not the bendy
variety) in either Hamburg or Manchester, where there are significant
numbers of them.

There are plenty of photos of Citaros on the continent going up in
flames.

Are they not being maintained correctly, or is there a specific design
fault in the bendy variety that hasn't been fixed yet? (I thought,
like other posters, that it had).

This incident was caused by a car driving into the engine thus causing
the fire. The fire was contained within the engine compartment and did
not engulf the whole vehicle.

I don't believe we are talking about the same problem as previously
hence remarks about maintenance are not applicable.
--
Paul C

Old March 14th 05, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

This incident was caused by a car driving into the engine thus

causing
the fire. The fire was contained within the engine compartment and

did
not engulf the whole vehicle.

Why does a car driving into the engine compartment cause a fire. Seems
like a design fault. Cars drive into each other all the time and don't
catch fire and they have fuel that is far more combustable than a bus.

Kevin

Old March 14th 05, 08:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Richard J. wrote:
Tonight's Standard (yes, I know, not the most reliable source) talks

Also reported in the register:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03...uses_reattack/