Old March 13th 05, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default For Boltar About The EOR.

Right,
The line is to be, put back to its original GER days.
This ran steam, which we are getting in the summer.
Now to electrify the line would costs thousands. Somthing we the
society or owners can't afford to do it. As well it's too dangerous
to run electrification on the line for the general public.
Really people don't want to go on an old LU train but would rather go
on a steam train. I do believe, that there is not one preserved line in
the country, that uses electrified lines.
The line has its good things, but at the moment is a nice round trip,
which is also used by the public, to get from North Weald to Ongar
viser-verser.
So you don't like fine don't come down. But in a way it's nice to
see the line running anyway as it was closed for ten years.
Regards
James

Old March 13th 05, 08:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com,
EorJames writes

Really people don't want to go on an old LU train but would rather go
on a steam train.

And where do you glean this little gem from? I assume you have some
proper research on this and not just the say so of a few steam
enthusiasts.

I for one would love to be able to ride on an old tube train on a
preserved line - steam lines are 10 a penny these days.
Old March 13th 05, 11:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 13 Mar 2005 10:47:17 -0800, EorJames wrote:

Really people don't want to go on an old LU train but would rather go
on a steam train. I do believe, that there is not one preserved line in
the country, that uses electrified lines.

And because of that, it's about the one thing that's likely to stir me
to make the trip to Epping from Cheshire. There's plenty of electric
stock floating around, and none of it can run as was intended at
present.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p10586670.html
(150 249's driver getting permission to contiue to Pembroke Dock, 1999)
Old March 13th 05, 11:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve Fitzgerald
] writes
In message .com,
EorJames writes

Really people don't want to go on an old LU train but would rather go
on a steam train.

And where do you glean this little gem from? I assume you have some
proper research on this and not just the say so of a few steam
enthusiasts.

I for one would love to be able to ride on an old tube train on a
preserved line - steam lines are 10 a penny these days.

I, for one, love old tube trains. I greatly enjoyed travelling around on
the 38 stock on the IOW when I was over there last summer, just as much
as travelling on the steam railway.
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. Replace the bit before the
Old March 14th 05, 12:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

EorJames wrote:
Right,
The line is to be, put back to its original GER days.
This ran steam, which we are getting in the summer.

Fair enough. I shall pay another visit when this happens.

Now to electrify the line would costs thousands. Somthing we the
society or owners can't afford to do it. As well it's too dangerous

Well you shouldn't have de-electrified it in the first place then
should
you!

to run electrification on the line for the general public.

I don't see why it would be too dangerous. Would people start running
around on the track just because the lines now run by EOR and not LU?

Really people don't want to go on an old LU train but would rather go
on a steam train. I do believe, that there is not one preserved line

in
the country, that uses electrified lines.

Others have answered that point.

B2003

Old March 14th 05, 12:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Well you shouldn't have de-electrified it in the first place then
should you!
I don't see why it would be too dangerous. Would people start running
around on the track just because the lines now run by EOR and not LU?

Surely its more to do with Public Liability Insurance than anything?

To the insurance company there's probably a perception that because its
not LUL or some large TOC operating the services then they may be a
little slacker on such issues.

--
Darren

Sudbury Branch Line website: http://www.sudbury-branchline.co.uk
http://photos.darrenjohnson.co.uk
Old March 14th 05, 05:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 20:15:17 +0000, Steve Fitzgerald ]
wrote:

I for one would love to be able to ride on an old tube train on a
preserved line -

but but I thought you drove 73 stock on the Piccadilly Line? Isn't that
the same thing? ;-)

--
Paul C

Old March 14th 05, 06:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I for one would love to be able to ride on an old tube train on a
preserved line -

but but I thought you drove 73 stock on the Piccadilly Line? Isn't that
the same thing? ;-)

Oh, that's modern stuff! A TEP, luxury! Real men drive A stock trains on
lines where the apprentices are still afraid ;-)

Bring back the Standard stock!

Old March 15th 05, 12:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"EorJames" wrote in message
oups.com...

I do believe, that there is not one preserved line in
the country, that uses electrified lines.

Volks in Brighton.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old March 15th 05, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"EorJames" wrote in message
oups.com...

I do believe, that there is not one preserved line in
the country, that uses electrified lines.

Volks in Brighton.

Thats not really preserved tho is it. It was never anything more
than pleasure beach attraction in the first place.

B2003

1506 and Boltar MIG London Transport 153 September 5th 11 11:12 AM
Here's one for Boltar... Recliner[_2_] London Transport 0 December 8th 10 01:29 PM
My EOR History site or EORVS (offical) site, which is better look. EorJames London Transport 2 April 3rd 05 07:14 PM
EOR / ORPS Feud - Time to kiss & make up ? umpston London Transport 4 March 16th 05 09:27 PM