London Banter

-   -   Lights, camera, Becktion! (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/2857-lights-camera-becktion.html)

Tom Anderson March 16th 05 05:11 PM

Lights, camera, Becktion!

Someone pointed me at this today:

http://www.sainsburysdvdrental.co.uk...s_issue41_tube

Woefully inaccurate (and what's happened to King's Cross?), but still a
cute idea.

tom

--
The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

[email protected] March 16th 05 06:39 PM

Lights, camera, Becktion!

Kings Cross = Mona Lisa, or do you mean what happened to it as in what
happened to the white bits of the circles?

Snatch and The Crying Game could do with being swapped. And what's with
Stepney Green, is it actually the name of a movie, or did they
accidentally leave it in? There doesn't seem to be a link associated
with it. Full Metal Jacket seems to be on the wrong side of the river
for its description too.

I'm sure I've seen Liverpool Street in a couple of movies, they must be
able to find something for that.

MetroGnome March 16th 05 07:31 PM

Lights, camera, Becktion!

Nice to see Camberwell and Denmark Hill making an appearance!

Robin Mayes March 16th 05 07:37 PM

Lights, camera, Becktion!

wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm sure I've seen Liverpool Street in a couple of movies, they must be
able to find something for that.

Mission Impossible

Chris Tolley March 16th 05 07:48 PM

Lights, camera, Becktion!

On 16 Mar 2005 11:39:39 -0800, wrote:

I'm sure I've seen Liverpool Street in a couple of movies, they must be
able to find something for that.

Mission Impossible, perhaps.

Waterloo = Terminus
Umpteen Sherlock Holmes's = Baker Street
The Final Test = Oval
Passport to Pimlico = er...
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9680080.html
(73 133 newly-adorned in Dutch livery at Wimbledon Depot in 1991)

Richard J. March 16th 05 07:56 PM

Lights, camera, Becktion!

Tom Anderson wrote:
Someone pointed me at this today:

http://www.sainsburysdvdrental.co.uk...s_issue41_tube

Woefully inaccurate (and what's happened to King's Cross?), but
still a cute idea.

Kew Gardens is called Greenwich, one of at least 4 stations to have that
name! (Though the film reference - The Madness of King George - is
correct for that location, as he lived in Kew Palace.

Oh, and Harrow & Wealdstone is identified as Stevenage.

--
Richard J.

Ian Jelf March 16th 05 08:31 PM

Lights, camera, Becktion!

In message , Chris Tolley
writes
Passport to Pimlico = er...

Battersea and Lambeth, apparently!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk

Pendar Sillwood March 16th 05 11:23 PM

Lights, camera, Becktion!

---------- In article
.com,
wrote:

I'm sure I've seen Liverpool Street in a couple of movies, they must be able
to find something for that.

The worst omission is Aldwych. That MUST have had more films made there than
any other station.

Tom Anderson March 17th 05 06:13 PM

Lights, camera, Becktion!

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Pendar Sillwood wrote:

---------- In article
.com,
wrote:

I'm sure I've seen Liverpool Street in a couple of movies, they must
be able to find something for that.

The worst omission is Aldwych. That MUST have had more films made there
than any other station.

I'm guessing the locations are where the films were set, rather than
filmed, although that does make Full Metal Jacket a bit of an anomaly.

And i suspect a tube map with both Southwark and Aldwych would be tricky
to find!

tom

--
I know you wanna try and get away, but it's the hardest thing you'll ever know

Tom Anderson March 17th 05 06:19 PM

Lights, camera, Becktion!

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, MetroGnome wrote:

Nice to see Camberwell and Denmark Hill making an appearance!

I'd completely failed to notice that!

Where the hell did they get this map from? They might just have added that
spur to fit the generic south east London sites in, i suppose.

Still, i'm quite freaked out now.

tom

--
I know you wanna try and get away, but it's the hardest thing you'll ever know