Old March 16th 05, 06:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Lights, camera, Becktion!

Someone pointed me at this today:

http://www.sainsburysdvdrental.co.uk...s_issue41_tube

Woefully inaccurate (and what's happened to King's Cross?), but still a
cute idea.

tom

--
The glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Old March 16th 05, 07:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Kings Cross = Mona Lisa, or do you mean what happened to it as in what
happened to the white bits of the circles?

Snatch and The Crying Game could do with being swapped. And what's with
Stepney Green, is it actually the name of a movie, or did they
accidentally leave it in? There doesn't seem to be a link associated
with it. Full Metal Jacket seems to be on the wrong side of the river
for its description too.

I'm sure I've seen Liverpool Street in a couple of movies, they must be
able to find something for that.

Old March 16th 05, 08:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nice to see Camberwell and Denmark Hill making an appearance!

Old March 16th 05, 08:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
oups.com...

I'm sure I've seen Liverpool Street in a couple of movies, they must be
able to find something for that.

Mission Impossible

Old March 16th 05, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 16 Mar 2005 11:39:39 -0800, wrote:

I'm sure I've seen Liverpool Street in a couple of movies, they must be
able to find something for that.

Mission Impossible, perhaps.

Waterloo = Terminus
Umpteen Sherlock Holmes's = Baker Street
The Final Test = Oval
Passport to Pimlico = er...
--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9680080.html
(73 133 newly-adorned in Dutch livery at Wimbledon Depot in 1991)

Old March 16th 05, 08:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:
Someone pointed me at this today:

http://www.sainsburysdvdrental.co.uk...s_issue41_tube

Woefully inaccurate (and what's happened to King's Cross?), but
still a cute idea.

Kew Gardens is called Greenwich, one of at least 4 stations to have that
name! (Though the film reference - The Madness of King George - is
correct for that location, as he lived in Kew Palace.

Oh, and Harrow & Wealdstone is identified as Stevenage.

--
Richard J.

Old March 16th 05, 09:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Chris Tolley
writes
Passport to Pimlico = er...

Battersea and Lambeth, apparently!
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old March 17th 05, 12:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

---------- In article
.com,
wrote:

I'm sure I've seen Liverpool Street in a couple of movies, they must be able
to find something for that.

The worst omission is Aldwych. That MUST have had more films made there than
any other station.

Old March 17th 05, 07:19 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, MetroGnome wrote:

Nice to see Camberwell and Denmark Hill making an appearance!

I'd completely failed to notice that!

Where the hell did they get this map from? They might just have added that
spur to fit the generic south east London sites in, i suppose.

Still, i'm quite freaked out now.

tom

--
I know you wanna try and get away, but it's the hardest thing you'll ever know