Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 31st 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Tv Show on Itv Lastnight

In message , Paul Corfield
writes
There are endless examples of conductor operated buses where it is a
miracle if the conductor moves upstairs and actually checks tickets.

I commented to this effect a few weeks ago.

Interestingly, though, in some pretty intensive riding on the 19
yesterday, tickets were checked diligently on every journey.

SHMBO and I moved seats at one point (top be near the front, well you
have to do it, don't you?!) and the conductress arrived shortly and
tried to charge us again. (SHMBO had a One Day Travelcard and I had
Oyster Pre Pay; If she'd insisted on scanning my Oyster again, would
the system have "thrown up that I'd "paid" already?)

--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk