Old April 11th 05, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Oyster prepay validity

Rupert Candy wrote:
Robin Mayes wrote:

"Dave Plumb" wrote in message

Someone at work has a Z1-4 season and travels in from Oakleigh

Park,

changing at Finsbury Park/Highbury, and rarely touched in there or

out on

her journey home. She said she never had a problem with it, so

maybe it

doesn't fine you.

As in the above text:

If you have a season ticket it doesn't matter (at the moment). You
only get an unresolved journey if you start your journey outside the
boundary of any travelcard you have and don't end it. Or vice-versa

So, if you have a Z1-4 season and only touch in / out in Z1&2 the

ticket is

perfectly valid.

And that will have to be the case until *all* NR stations within zone 6
have oyster readers - otherwise I would have an unresolved journey
every day (touch in at Farringdon or London Bridge, can't touch out at
Herne Hill or Gipsy Hill as no oyster readers!) Since NR are totally
uninterested in Oyster, I can't see that happening any time soon.

Soon they'll be forced to be interested - once the Railways Bill comes
into effect, TfL will have much more influence over railways within
London, particularly in the fares department - the Bill makes strong
allusions to the rollout of Oyster across the whole GLA area, and makes
a bit of a noise about fares integration too.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old April 11th 05, 09:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Dave Arquati wrote:
Rupert Candy wrote:
And that will have to be the case until *all* NR stations within

zone 6
have oyster readers - otherwise I would have an unresolved journey
every day (touch in at Farringdon or London Bridge, can't touch out

at
Herne Hill or Gipsy Hill as no oyster readers!) Since NR are

totally
uninterested in Oyster, I can't see that happening any time soon.

Soon they'll be forced to be interested - once the Railways Bill

comes
into effect, TfL will have much more influence over railways within
London, particularly in the fares department - the Bill makes strong
allusions to the rollout of Oyster across the whole GLA area, and

makes
a bit of a noise about fares integration too.

Dave, you are an eternal fount of knowledge. That is very interesting
indeed - any idea of the timetable for the Bill?

Old April 11th 05, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Rupert Candy" wrote

Dave, you are an eternal fount of knowledge. That is very interesting
indeed - any idea of the timetable for the Bill?

It's now the Railways Act. The dft have published their current thinking on
how they see things working out in London:
http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/group...sp#P637_115878

Peter

Old April 11th 05, 11:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Dave Arquati wrote:
a bit of a noise about fares integration too.

So do we lose the cheap £1.50 SWT cheap day returns in favour of
£4.40 TFL zonal returns then? What about YP railcards?

Old April 11th 05, 11:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Rupert Candy wrote:
Dave Arquati wrote:

Rupert Candy wrote:

And that will have to be the case until *all* NR stations within zone 6
have oyster readers - otherwise I would have an unresolved journey
every day (touch in at Farringdon or London Bridge, can't touch out at
Herne Hill or Gipsy Hill as no oyster readers!) Since NR are totally
uninterested in Oyster, I can't see that happening any time soon.

Soon they'll be forced to be interested - once the Railways Bill comes
into effect, TfL will have much more influence over railways within
London, particularly in the fares department - the Bill makes strong
allusions to the rollout of Oyster across the whole GLA area, and makes
a bit of a noise about fares integration too.

Dave, you are an eternal fount of knowledge.

If only that could be said for my degree - then I might stand a chance
of passing my imminent exams...

That is very interesting
indeed - any idea of the timetable for the Bill?

It's been passed, in the rush to get legislation through before
Parliament stopped for the election. It will be enacted progressively
from June onwards, with the aim being that most of it will be in force
by the end of the year. I presume that particular timetable depends on
the outcome of the election...

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old April 12th 05, 09:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Dave Arquati wrote:
Personally, I'd like my Oyster to be linked to my YPR so I only get
capped as far as a YP ODTC price... unlikely though. Perhaps I should

see if they'll consider an equivalent reduced cap for TfL Student
photocard holders.

Would make some kind of sense if the YP and student cards could be
combined. It seems daft that on one journey you can end up having to
show five bits of card (season ticket, season ticket student photocard,
outward extension, yp railcard, unused return extension)