Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 15th 05, 07:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Transport problem.

Hi all,

I usually make my daily commute from East Croydon to Harrow and Wealdstone
using a zone 2-5 travelcard via Southern Trains. However, from time to time,
I find (either because I've missed a train or I have to travel at a time
earlier/later than my usual time) that I have to go through zone 1. What I
would like is a ticket that I can buy in advance and hold so that I can make
payment without having to wait at the ticket counters.

I was thinking of using carnet tickets, but apparently you can't use them
for ticket extensions into zones. I also considered Oyster, but I'm not sure
this would work either.

Does anyone have any further suggestions?