Old April 20th 05, 04:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow Connect service

Does anyone have any reliable and straightforward information about this?
I've tried seeking information in the usual kinds of ways (operating company
websites, stations, etc.) and have either missed it or there isn't any.

I understand that will be every 30 mins, and call at all station from Ealing
to Hayes en route. I believe it will be not be advertised as a Heathrow
train at Paddington, to avoid through passengers using it. If so, will it
be Hayes? And something similar in reverse?

Will it serve terminal 4? What happens when terminal 5 opens?

What will be the fares policy? Will travel cards be accepted?

Will it operated by HEx or First?

When will it actually start? I've seen all four desiros at Old Oak Common
for quite some time. Will there be any significant changes to FGWL, as a
result of cascaded stock from the current Hayes service?

I should be most grateful to anyone who can shed any light.

Thanks,
Michael Hopkins

Old April 20th 05, 04:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article , Michael Hopkins
writes
When will it actually start?

A week or two back in the Ealing local paper it said that the latest
quoted starting date was June. Don't hold your breath.
--
Thoss
Old April 20th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Michael Hopkins" wrote in message
Does anyone have any reliable and straightforward information about this?
I've tried seeking information in the usual kinds of ways (operating

company
websites, stations, etc.) and have either missed it or there isn't any.

I understand that will be every 30 mins, and call at all station from

Ealing
to Hayes en route. I believe it will be not be advertised as a Heathrow
train at Paddington, to avoid through passengers using it. If so, will it
be Hayes? And something similar in reverse?

This seems to be the idea. Presumably it will be advertised to Hayes from
Paddington, and to Heathrow from Ealing onwards, and in the reverse
direction, to Ealing from Heathrow, and to Paddington from Hayes onwards.

Will it serve terminal 4? What happens when terminal 5 opens?

AIUI it will only go to T123, and reverse in the spur which is the start of
the line to T4. Apparently the plan for when T5 opens is that HEx will go
there, while Heathrow Connect will go to T4, then do a T4 to T123 shuttle,
before returning to Paddington. This will give a 15 minute service between
T123 and T4. Passengers travelling on HEx will have to change for T4, while
passengers on Heathrow Connect will have to change for T5.

What will be the fares policy? Will travel cards be accepted?

Premium fare for the Hayes to Heathrow section, Travelcards only valid
between Paddington and Hayes.

Will it operated by HEx or First?

Apparently a 'joint venture'.

When will it actually start? I've seen all four desiros at Old Oak Common
for quite some time. Will there be any significant changes to FGWL, as a
result of cascaded stock from the current Hayes service?

The timetable was changed to allow for Heathrow Connect last December, with
the trains currently being operated by FGWL using 165s between Paddington
and Hayes. AIUI the current plan is to introduce Heathrow Connect with the
June timetable change, BICBW. Presumably the few 165s released will be used
to strengthen some peak FGWL trains.

Peter

Old April 20th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Michael Hopkins wrote:

Will it serve terminal 4? What happens when terminal 5 opens?

It will not serve Terminal 4 at the start. When T5 opens, it WILL serve
T4, with HX serving T5. HX will then not serve T4, just T5. At least I
believe that to be the case.

Will it operated by HEx or First?

A joint operation I think, but are the 360/2 fleet owned by BAA?

I don't know much else about it, including any of the other questions.
And there is a severe lack of information about it on any operator's
website, as far as I can see.

Old April 20th 05, 06:36 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Michael Hopkins" wrote in message
Does anyone have any reliable and straightforward information about this?
I've tried seeking information in the usual kinds of ways (operating
company
websites, stations, etc.) and have either missed it or there isn't any.

The summer timetable has been on websites a couple of weeks and some data is
there, e.g. http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/index.htm Plan an Ealing -
Heathrow journey for, say, 15 June to find new service.

The Ealing - Heathrow rail fare seems more than the average budget air fare,
not that such airlines use Heathrow.

David

Old April 20th 05, 07:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

David Thornhill wrote:
"Michael Hopkins" wrote in message
Does anyone have any reliable and straightforward information about

this?
I've tried seeking information in the usual kinds of ways

(operating
company
websites, stations, etc.) and have either missed it or there isn't

any.

The summer timetable has been on websites a couple of weeks and some

data is
there, e.g. http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/index.htm Plan an Ealing -
Heathrow journey for, say, 15 June to find new service.

The Ealing - Heathrow rail fare seems more than the average budget

air fare,
not that such airlines use Heathrow.

David

Does seem rather hefty esp. considering the Ealing-Heathrow via tube
is scheduled to only take 10-15 minutes longer

Old April 20th 05, 08:26 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"thoss" wrote in message
In article , Michael Hopkins
writes

When will it actually start?

A week or two back in the Ealing local paper it said that the
latest quoted starting date was June. Don't hold your breath.

Well obviously, no-one could hold their breath until June.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old April 20th 05, 08:35 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"David Thornhill" wrote in message

"Michael Hopkins" wrote in message
Does anyone have any reliable and straightforward information about this?
I've tried seeking information in the usual kinds of ways (operating
company
websites, stations, etc.) and have either missed it or there isn't any.

The summer timetable has been on websites a couple of weeks and some data
is there, e.g. http://www.nationalrail.co.uk/index.htm Plan an Ealing -
Heathrow journey for, say, 15 June to find new service.

The Ealing - Heathrow rail fare seems more than the average budget air
fare,

And to save te rest of you doing what I had to do.

It's 16.30 GBP.

which is more than fare from padd?

tim

Old April 20th 05, 09:23 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"tim (moved to sweden)" wrote

And to save te rest of you doing what I had to do.

It's 16.30 GBP.

which is more than fare from padd?

I suspect no-one's published the Heathrow Connect fares yet - GBP16.30 is
the existing fare from Ealing Broadway to Heathrow via Paddington and
Heathrow Express.

Peter

Old April 20th 05, 10:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

The Ealing - Heathrow rail fare seems more than the average budget air
fare,

And to save te rest of you doing what I had to do.

It's 16.30 GBP.

which is more than fare from padd?

tim

The fares on the system are the current Heathrow Express fares via
Paddington, as they increase travelling towards Hayes & Harlington. I
understand the idea is for the fares to be set at:

Heathrow Express fare minus Paddington to Ealing Broadway / West
Ealing/ Southall/ Hayes & Harlington fare.