Old May 25th 05, 05:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bus route 11 at Fulham Broadway

I thought that I would share with the group the continuing fiasco of
the route 11 terminating arrangements at its Western end.

It ought to terminate at Fulham Broadway, and then run "dead" a short
distance to Vanston Place where it turns around (and drivers have a
break). For about 2 or 3 months now, that area has been a building
site, with seemingly interminable roadworks and pavement works, which
seem to be cancerously creeping outwards in all directions, the latest
being all along Fulham Road in the direction of Fulham Broadway
Station, so that even the bus stop that was in front of the station
(Eastbound) is now closed.

Anyway, the route 11's "temporary" terminal arrangements (with notices
on buses giving a final date of 29th April) were to turn left into
Bagley's Lane and then double back into the King's Road: i.e. quite a
distance from Fulham Broadway.

I was blissfully unaware of this until last night when I found myself
being dumped in Bagley's Lane, which clearly was not Fulham Broadway! I
asked the driver what was happening, and he pointed to the small notice
on the nearside window, referring to temporary arrangements ending on
29th April!

He then told me, and this is the important bit, that when the first 11
bus tried to negotiate the new Vanston Place terminal point, complete
with new speed humps etc., it was grounded! So, we now have to endure
another few weeks or months (or year?) whilst the twits that laid the
original humps dig then all up and relay them - no wonder the Council
Tax in this borough is so scandalously high since, no doubt, we all
have to pay for this negligence and incompetence (to say nothing of the
inconvenience to those of us boarding an 11 bus destined for Fulham
Broadway and actually wanting to get there!).

Is it really beyond the wit of Hammersmith & Fulham Council to have got
this right in the first place? They seem to have endless pots of money
to relay perfectly good pavements all over the place, and put in
needless speed humps where hardly any traffic flows, but are incapable
of guaging the dimensions of the vehicles most likely to use the road
being relaid.

Marc.

Old May 25th 05, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Ken is offline

On 25 May 2005 10:28:37 -0700, "
wrote:

It ought to terminate at Fulham Broadway, and then run "dead" a short
distance to Vanston Place where it turns around (and drivers have a
break). For about 2 or 3 months now, that area has been a building
site, with seemingly interminable roadworks and pavement works, which
seem to be cancerously creeping outwards in all directions, the latest
being all along Fulham Road in the direction of Fulham Broadway
Station, so that even the bus stop that was in front of the station
(Eastbound) is now closed.

The 11's historic and proper terminating point is Brook Green. Any
short working problems is down to devine intervention.
Old May 25th 05, 11:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I am old enough to remember the 11 terminating at Brook Green. It was
then cut back to Hammersmith Broadway, then the Salisbury Pub in Dawes
Road - but that was at least 15 years ago! It has not run "live" past
Fulham Broadway since then, except the lengthy "dead running to West
Brompton at week-ends and evenings so that it can turn around there
because the selfish people living in Vanston Place don't like the
noise!

Marc.