Old May 24th 05, 09:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Trip to London

Hello all,

I am going to be in London the first part of June. I will be staying in a
hotel close to Paddington Station. I will need to get to Gatwick. Also we
will be sight seeing, can I get a pass to ride the tube and will the tube
pass take us to Gatwick? About how much will this cost?

Thank you,

Bobby

Old May 24th 05, 10:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
"Bobby" wrote:

I am going to be in London the first part of June. I will be staying in a
hotel close to Paddington Station. I will need to get to Gatwick. Also we
will be sight seeing, can I get a pass to ride the tube

Yes.

and will the tube pass take us to Gatwick?

No. Gatwick's a few miles outside London and you need to get the train
link from Victoria mainline station.

About how much will this cost?

Depends how far out of central London you want to travel. See
http://www.tfl.gov.uk for details.

--
http://www.election.demon.co.uk
"We can also agree that Saddam Hussein most certainly has chemical and biolog-
Old May 24th 05, 11:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Bobby wrote:
Hello all,

I am going to be in London the first part of June. I will be
staying in a hotel close to Paddington Station. I will need to get
to Gatwick. Also we will be sight seeing, can I get a pass to ride
the tube and will the tube pass take us to Gatwick? About how much
will this cost?

Gatwick is about 30 miles south of London, and well outside the validity
of tube passes, which are known as Travelcards. Trains to Gatwick run
from Victoria, either the dedicated non-stop Gatwick Express (
http://www.gatwickexpress.co.uk/ ) or slightly slower and cheaper trains
on the Southern network. Paddington to Victoria is a simple tube
journey (Circle Line).

You can get a Travelcard for 1, 3 or 7 days, and for various zones,
though for most tourists Zones 1 & 2 will be adequate.
Details at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...05/index.shtml

HTH. Enjoy your visit!

--
Richard J.