Old June 1st 05, 09:02 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default CTRL St Pancras - Exhumed Bodies

Peter Lawrence wrote:

"We had to match them up and re-bury them last year," says
Tim Smart, acronymic client manager, "we had the local clergy along
and re-interred them in East Finchley cemetery. '. (See
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...860_3,00.html).

Does anyone know what an "acronymic client manager" is?

Andy Kirkham

Old June 1st 05, 09:45 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Andy Kirkham" wrote in message
oups.com...
Peter Lawrence wrote:

"We had to match them up and re-bury them last year," says
Tim Smart, acronymic client manager, "we had the local clergy along
and re-interred them in East Finchley cemetery. '. (See
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/newspap...860_3,00.html).

Does anyone know what an "acronymic client manager" is?

No, so I tried a Google search and got, Your search - "acronymic client
manager" - did not match any documents.

So quite obviously there is no such thing.

Old June 1st 05, 01:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

If you see my previous reply to this question then you'll realise that
the authors tongue was firmly in his proverbial cheek.

Mizter T wrote:
Andy Kirkham wrote:

Does anyone know what an "acronymic client manager" is?

You have to read the piece to understand the context!

"...Over the next few years, much hard work was done on the project.
Many vital, mission-critical abbreviations had to be constructed. It is
a task that engineers love, and the resulting alphabetical thicket,
delivered in time and on budget, is engineering at its best..."

"...RLE, URN, CORBER, LUL, PPP, DfT, MRSSC, CTW, WA, DA, SRA..."

Old June 1st 05, 01:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Mizter T" wrote in message
ups.com

That's fascinating. I'm surprised I've heard so little about this in
the newspapers and on the broadcast news, I'd have expected more
controversy.

If the Midland could dig up thousands of festering corpses without too
much of a kerfuffle why would there be controversy 140 years later over
a few odd bones? Frenchmen's bones at that!

I was a gravedigger in the school holidays many years ago in Epsom. In
the chalklands bodies rot away after 50 years, the gravestone is cleared
and the plot is resold.

There's an 1827 map of the St Pancras area showing the churchyards half
way down this link.

http://www.stpancras.150m.com/

Old June 1st 05, 01:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article ilgate.org
, Troy Steadman writes
"Mizter T" wrote in message
oups.com

That's fascinating. I'm surprised I've heard so little about this in
the newspapers and on the broadcast news, I'd have expected more
controversy.

If the Midland could dig up thousands of festering corpses without too
much of a kerfuffle why would there be controversy 140 years later over
a few odd bones? Frenchmen's bones at that!

I was a gravedigger in the school holidays many years ago in Epsom. In
the chalklands bodies rot away after 50 years, the gravestone is cleared
and the plot is resold.

What bones and all?...

There's an 1827 map of the St Pancras area showing the churchyards half
way down this link.

http://www.stpancras.150m.com/

That seems to be going nowhere?....

--
Tony Sayer

Old June 1st 05, 02:46 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article , tony sayer
wrote:

In article ilgate.org
, Troy Steadman writes

There's an 1827 map of the St Pancras area showing the churchyards half
way down this link.

http://www.stpancras.150m.com/

That seems to be going nowhere?....

Whois says:

Registrant:
150m.com
252 North Orem Blvd
Orem, Utah 84057
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com
Domain Name: 150M.COM
Created on: 16-Jun-00
Expires on: 16-Jun-06
Last Updated on: 29-Mar-05

Administrative Contact:
Master, Host
252 North Orem Blvd
Orem, Utah 84057
United States
(801) 765-9400
Technical Contact:
,

,

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.SUSPENDED-FOR.SPAM-AND-ABUSE.COM
NS2.SUSPENDED-FOR.SPAM-AND-ABUSE.COM

Sam
Old June 1st 05, 03:02 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Sam Wilson" wrote in message

In article , tony sayer
wrote:

In article ilgate.org
, Troy Steadman writes

There's an 1827 map of the St Pancras area showing the churchyards half
way down this link.

http://www.stpancras.150m.com/

That seems to be going nowhere?....

Whois says:

Huh? That is a freebie website with a scrapbook I put together re
Marrantz's query about what looked like it was the Fleet River but
turned out to be the old Parcel Hall.

Or are you saying you can't download the pictures? If you can find the
St George's & Bloomsbury Burial Ground you can detect Cooks Row by the
kink in what is now Pancras Road and so overlay the modern railway on
to the 1827 map. Or do I have to do another scrapbook?

http://tinyurl.com/8o4kx

http://www.stpancras.150m.com/

Old June 1st 05, 03:33 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article
ilgate.org, Troy
Steadman wrote:

"Sam Wilson" wrote in message

In article , tony sayer
wrote:

In article ilgate.org
, Troy Steadman writes

There's an 1827 map of the St Pancras area showing the churchyards half
way down this link.

http://www.stpancras.150m.com/

That seems to be going nowhere?....

Whois says:

[
stuff about 150m.com deleted, including:
Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.SUSPENDED-FOR.SPAM-AND-ABUSE.COM
NS2.SUSPENDED-FOR.SPAM-AND-ABUSE.COM
]

Huh? That is a freebie website ...

In case you didn't know "whois" is the official way of discovering
things about low-level stuff on the Internet - DNS names, address
assignments and so on. The entry suggests that 150m.com has breached
somebody's terms and conditions and isn't (currently) available. Some
parts of the Internet may still have working details cached but people
who haven't been there before can't get there now.

Sam
Old June 1st 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Sam Wilson" wrote in message

In case you didn't know "whois" is the official way of discovering
things about low-level stuff on the Internet - DNS names, address
assignments and so on. The entry suggests that 150m.com has breached
somebody's terms and conditions and isn't (currently) available. Some
parts of the Internet may still have working details cached but people
who haven't been there before can't get there now.

Sam

http://www.150m.com/

....is very much up and running but I take your point. Here's the 1827
map, Cooks Row bottom right.

http://users.bathspa.ac.uk/greenwood...4h.html#bottom

Old June 1st 05, 06:49 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In article ilgate.org
, Troy Steadman writes
"Sam Wilson" wrote in message

In article , tony sayer
wrote:

In article ilgate.org
, Troy Steadman writes

There's an 1827 map of the St Pancras area showing the churchyards half
way down this link.

http://www.stpancras.150m.com/

That seems to be going nowhere?....

Whois says:

Huh? That is a freebie website with a scrapbook I put together re
Marrantz's query about what looked like it was the Fleet River but
turned out to be the old Parcel Hall.

Or are you saying you can't download the pictures?

No the site wasn't going any where earlier, but its fine now apart when
you click on the pictures as if to expand them, they come back original
size.

Anyway apart from that, very interesting....

Bank bodies webmaster London Transport 6 August 30th 04 11:39 AM
CTRL Paul Weaver London Transport 1 August 4th 04 03:49 PM
CTRL Breakout chris London Transport 26 February 4th 04 01:44 AM
CTRL Section 2 aerial photos John Rowland London Transport 1 November 16th 03 09:36 AM
Is the CTRL the first new railway in Britian since 1900? Michael Bell London Transport 4 October 2nd 03 06:41 PM