Old May 31st 05, 03:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Public transport in SE London

Is it just me or does it seem as though someone at the top of TfL has it in
for the Borough of Bromley?

The Tube stops as New Cross, the Tram stops at Elmers End/Beckenham Junction
and the 726 coach is now to finish in Croydon. The Bromley North branch lost
its through trains years ago and Thameslink services to Sevenoaks are now a
distant memory. The DLR seems to go everywhere except south east.

I recall that the Fares Fair campaign started in Bromley - is this someone's
revenge?

Max Batten

Visit me at http://www.thebattens.ndonet.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0522-3, 31/05/2005
Tested on: 31/05/2005 16:37:21

Old May 31st 05, 05:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
says...
Is it just me or does it seem as though someone at the top of TfL has it in
for the Borough of Bromley?

The Tube stops as New Cross, the Tram stops at Elmers End/Beckenham Junction
and the 726 coach is now to finish in Croydon. The Bromley North branch lost
its through trains years ago and Thameslink services to Sevenoaks are now a
distant memory. The DLR seems to go everywhere except south east.

I recall that the Fares Fair campaign started in Bromley - is this someone's
revenge?

Max Batten

Visit me at
http://www.thebattens.ndonet.com

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0522-3, 31/05/2005
Tested on: 31/05/2005 16:37:21

Is it just me or does anyone else have that feeling of deja-vu.

Fairs Fare, Guv
Old May 31st 05, 05:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

YAWN!

You posted exactly the same 10 days ago.

YAWN

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old May 31st 05, 05:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Jim Brittin [wake up to reply]typed

Is it just me or does anyone else have that feeling of deja-vu.

Fairs Fare, Guv

It's déjà vu, all over again...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old May 31st 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

MaxB wrote:

Is it just me or does it seem as though someone at the top of TfL has it
in
for the Borough of Bromley?

Unlikely given the set-up and time involved.

The Tube stops as New Cross,

Where it's stopped since the 1870s, IIRC.

the Tram stops at Elmers End/Beckenham Junction

Doesn't this just take over an existing line?

and the 726 coach is now to finish in Croydon. The Bromley North branch
lost
its through trains years ago and Thameslink services to Sevenoaks are now
distant memory.

BR/Railtrack/National Rail/Operating Company decisions.

The DLR seems to go everywhere except south east.

It joins up the dots and links up with a major rail interchange - what route
should it have taken?

I recall that the Fares Fair campaign started in Bromley - is this
someone's
revenge?

Politics aside, much of these problems were part of the very reason why the
anti-Fares "Fair" campaign took off.

Old May 31st 05, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Just tell him what he wants to hear.

Yes, TfL hates the London Borough of Bromley and all those who reside
in it. Livingstone has had it in for you since your councillors managed
to block the Fares Fair initiative of the early 80's. He wants Bromley
to go back to the dark ages and is planning on hearding all residents
into the Chiselhurst caves to see how they get on.

Meanwhile the Borough of Bromley will be ceded from Greater London and
subsumed as part of Kent. Any Bromley residents that make it out of the
caves can look forward to the enlightened world of deregulated buses
that Kent currently enjoys, with all the incompatible ticketing, lack
of bus stop information and lack of night buses (amongst many other
things) that such a move will entail.

Enjoy!

Old June 1st 05, 06:46 AM posted to uk.transport.london
TKD TKD is offline

Meanwhile the Borough of Bromley will be ceded from Greater London and
subsumed as part of Kent. Any Bromley residents that make it out of the
caves can look forward to the enlightened world of deregulated buses
that Kent currently enjoys, with all the incompatible ticketing, lack
of bus stop information and lack of night buses (amongst many other
things) that such a move will entail.

And be sure to take back the Freedom Passes from the old folks too.