Old July 6th 05, 10:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default The tube - as we used to know it!!!!!!

Hello peeps,

As you probably know I like to keep up to date with yesterday's
Underground - if that makes sense!

Anyway, I noticed when passing Uxbridge Sainsbury's yesterday that only
about 1 train of 83ts remains and it made me think, what is left around
the place? Not just on LU land but preserved etc...

I remember at one point the state of play was roughly as follows:-

Ongar - 62ts believed scrapped
Mangapps Farm (Essex) - 59ts and R Stock preserved
Someones back yard - 59ts
NRM - old Waterloo & City stock - preserved
Ealing Depot - 62ts (Sandite train) and Mk1 72ts - for scrap?
South Harrow Sidings - 2 trains of 83ts - for scrap?
Uxbridge sidings - 1 maybe 2 trains of 83ts - for scrap?
Cockfosters - 2 trains of 83ts - for scrap?
LU Acton Works - 38ts, 83ts, Mk1 72ts, R or Q stock - preserved!
Booths of Rotherham - 83ts - in process of being scrapped!

And I think that is that, can anyone give more detail about any of
this? Also the one which really intrgues me is the 59ts which i think
was a driving car in a back garden!

Thanks all!

Old July 6th 05, 11:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Conductor in Charge of.........." wrote in
message oups.com...
[...]

There is the obvious one... the Isle of Wight railway, which I believe
is using "38" stock (?).

Old July 6th 05, 11:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Well yeah, I count that as still operational stock though!!!

One other that has come to light is a message from 2001 on here which
said there was 83ts at Upminster, I presume this has long gone?

MOD Shoebury did at one time at lease have a load of old tube stock, is
there anything left in there now?

Old July 6th 05, 01:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:
Hello peeps,

As you probably know I like to keep up to date with yesterday's
Underground - if that makes sense!

Anyway, I noticed when passing Uxbridge Sainsbury's yesterday that only
about 1 train of 83ts remains and it made me think, what is left around
the place? Not just on LU land but preserved etc...

I remember at one point the state of play was roughly as follows:-

Isn't there some '38 tube stock on Alderney?

Robin

Old July 6th 05, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:52:15 +0100, "R.C. Payne"
wrote:

Conductor in Charge of.......... wrote:
Hello peeps,

As you probably know I like to keep up to date with yesterday's
Underground - if that makes sense!

Anyway, I noticed when passing Uxbridge Sainsbury's yesterday that only
about 1 train of 83ts remains and it made me think, what is left around
the place? Not just on LU land but preserved etc...

I remember at one point the state of play was roughly as follows:-

Isn't there some '38 tube stock on Alderney?

They have 10177 and 11177 hauled by a shunter.

Dave

Old July 7th 05, 07:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Conductor in Charge of.........." a écrit dans le
message de oups.com...
[...]

IIRC there was a news item on TfL earlier this year about a redundant tube
car being installed in the grounds of Gt. Ormond St childrens' hospital,
London.

regards,

- Alan (in Brussels)

Old July 7th 05, 10:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

[...]

What is the vehicle just outside Epping Station? It's not a carriage so was
it some sort of emergency-only battery powered loco?

Nick