Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 16th 05, 11:23 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Emergency services gone crazy

Iain wrote:

I don't know about increased siren use, but if you walk through the
streets of London you can't help but notice an incredibly high police
presence.

There have been police on duty outside both my local stations all this
week (Norbiton and New Malden). Yesterday morning, there were 3 officers
at Norbiton! However, in a way this can be beneficial as an unattended
bag was found in the back coach of my train to work one morning this
week, and the fact there were officers on duty meant it could be checked
and cleared within minites, rather than us all having to endure a
lengthy delay and be late for work. I wonder how long this will be the
case for, and where have all these extra police come from?? (I used to
go weeks without seeing any officers on the street).

Cheers
Steve M