Old July 18th 05, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Name This Underground Station

In message .com,
Alistair Bell writes

Sounds like it's almost certainly Tower Gateway.

If it was the DLR (despite the OP's use of "underground") then the
original DLR terminus at Island Gardens could be another contender,
since ten years ago it was an elevated terminus, with stairs to street
level and had an island platform.

--
Paul Terry

Old July 18th 05, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

But the stairs go up from the platform. The OP said "it was an island
platform and at the end of the platform was some stairs heading down",
which suggests that the stairs go down from the platform.

That would be correct Richard J, the stairs went down from the
platform? I thought it was an underground station but maybe it was a
dlr station.

Thanks for all the replies everyone

Old July 20th 05, 05:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 07:07:10 +0000 (UTC), "Brimstone"
wrote:

James Farrar wrote:
"Many many years ago" appears to exclude the DLR as an option.

I also took "many many years ago" to mean several decades. However the OP
has since said it was about one.

Which is why I made the response I did. Without that reigning in of the
timescale then I was completely stumped about "the stairs down from the
platform" issue at a LU terminus.
--
Paul C

Old July 20th 05, 05:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

James Farrar wrote:
"Many many years ago" appears to exclude the DLR as an option.

I also took "many many years ago" to mean several decades. However
the OP has since said it was about one.

Which is why I made the response I did. Without that reigning in of
the timescale then I was completely stumped about "the stairs down
from the platform" issue at a LU terminus.

As was I. Greenford (when a terminus) and Tower Gateway were the only ones I
could think of. I'd forgotten about Island Gardens.

Old July 21st 05, 03:24 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Without that reigning in of the timescale then I was
completely stumped about "the stairs down from the
platform" issue at a LU terminus.

Mill Hill East and Amersham?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 21st 05, 04:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 04:24:02 +0100, "John Rowland"
wrote:

"Paul Corfield" wrote in message
.. .

Without that reigning in of the timescale then I was
completely stumped about "the stairs down from the
platform" issue at a LU terminus.

Mill Hill East and Amersham?

"from the *end* of an island platform where you can see the street"
which I think was the original statement. Might just apply at Mill Hill
East as there is only one platform and I've obviously forgotten what
Amersham is like as I thought this was on the level. I thought Amersham
was side platforms?

I obviously need to revisit one or two places.
--
Paul C

Old July 21st 05, 04:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Brent Cross