London Banter

-   -   Piccadilly Line back on Thursday... (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/3367-piccadilly-line-back-thursday.html)

Stuart August 1st 05 07:33 PM

Piccadilly Line back on Thursday...

..... according to the BBC news tonight.

Assuming it happens....Huzzah!

Paul Weaver August 1st 05 10:01 PM

Piccadilly Line back on Thursday...

Well if the 2 week "pattern" holds true perhaps the first through
piccadilly train will be a target?

Stuart August 1st 05 10:04 PM

Paul Weaver wrote:
Well if the 2 week "pattern" holds true perhaps the first through
piccadilly train will be a target?

You know too much!

Paul Weaver August 1st 05 10:21 PM

Piccadilly Line back on Thursday...

I'd reply but theres some men just turned up in a black car and
knocking on the door :)

Seriously, I think I heard that the line was running non-stop somewhere?

Boltar August 3rd 05 08:57 AM

Piccadilly Line back on Thursday...

Anyone know how the wrecked train was removed from the tunnel. Was
it towed out or cut up into bits and shipped out?

B2003

Steve Fitzgerald August 3rd 05 01:01 PM

Piccadilly Line back on Thursday...

In message .com,
Boltar writes
Anyone know how the wrecked train was removed from the tunnel. Was
it towed out or cut up into bits and shipped out?

Towed out to Kings Cross, made secure with chains then towed to Acton
works.

Alex Ingram August 3rd 05 01:03 PM

Stuart wrote:
..... according to the BBC news tonight.

Assuming it happens....Huzzah!

Now confirmed in TfL press release:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-centre/press-releases/press-releases-content.asp?prID=464

They have also confirmed the closure of Piccadilly and District lines
planned for this weekend will go ahead, with Pic shut from Acton Town to
Hyde Park Corner, and the District shut from Earls Court to Acton
Town/Gunnersbury.

--
alex @ http://nuttyxander.com/
* we taught ourselves to play the pots and pans so

[email protected] August 3rd 05 02:57 PM

Piccadilly Line back on Thursday...

I see the District & Picc must close through Hammersmith for
"important" or "urgent" work, something which can't delayed, yet they
haven't even finished the endless Earl's Court - Whitechapel weekend
shutdowns yet. Can't we have at least one job finished before another
starts?

Richard J. August 3rd 05 05:08 PM

wrote:
I see the District & Picc must close through Hammersmith for
"important" or "urgent" work, something which can't delayed, yet
they haven't even finished the endless Earl's Court -
Whitechapel weekend shutdowns yet. Can't we have at least one
job finished before another starts?

Why would you want to delay track replacement between Barons Court and
Acton Town? The quality of the ride on that stretch is awful and has
led to speed restrictions. I see no advantage in finishing Earl's
Court - Whitechapel first, though I agree that Metronet's progress there
seems very slow.
--
Richard J.

[email protected] August 3rd 05 05:39 PM

Piccadilly Line back on Thursday...

At least Hammersmith area users get a replacement bus service, not so
those affected by the Earl's Court - Whitechapel suspensions.