Old August 1st 05, 07:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Piccadilly Line back on Thursday...

..... according to the BBC news tonight.

Assuming it happens....Huzzah!

Old August 1st 05, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Well if the 2 week "pattern" holds true perhaps the first through
piccadilly train will be a target?

Old August 1st 05, 10:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Weaver wrote:
Well if the 2 week "pattern" holds true perhaps the first through
piccadilly train will be a target?

You know too much!

Old August 1st 05, 10:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I'd reply but theres some men just turned up in a black car and
knocking on the door

Seriously, I think I heard that the line was running non-stop somewhere?

Old August 3rd 05, 08:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Anyone know how the wrecked train was removed from the tunnel. Was
it towed out or cut up into bits and shipped out?

B2003

Old August 3rd 05, 01:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message .com,
Boltar writes
Anyone know how the wrecked train was removed from the tunnel. Was
it towed out or cut up into bits and shipped out?

Towed out to Kings Cross, made secure with chains then towed to Acton
works.
Old August 3rd 05, 01:03 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Stuart wrote:
..... according to the BBC news tonight.

Assuming it happens....Huzzah!

Now confirmed in TfL press release:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/press-centre/press-releases/press-releases-content.asp?prID=464

They have also confirmed the closure of Piccadilly and District lines
planned for this weekend will go ahead, with Pic shut from Acton Town to
Hyde Park Corner, and the District shut from Earls Court to Acton
Town/Gunnersbury.

--
alex @ http://nuttyxander.com/
* we taught ourselves to play the pots and pans so
Old August 3rd 05, 02:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I see the District & Picc must close through Hammersmith for
"important" or "urgent" work, something which can't delayed, yet they
haven't even finished the endless Earl's Court - Whitechapel weekend
shutdowns yet. Can't we have at least one job finished before another
starts?