Old August 3rd 05, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Piccadilly Line back on Thursday...

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:08:47 GMT, "Richard J."

I see the District & Picc must close through Hammersmith for
"important" or "urgent" work, something which can't delayed, yet
they haven't even finished the endless Earl's Court -
Whitechapel weekend shutdowns yet. Can't we have at least one
job finished before another starts?

Why would you want to delay track replacement between Barons Court and
Acton Town? The quality of the ride on that stretch is awful and has
led to speed restrictions.

Which is exactly the point. This section of track is in a dire state and
causes no end of problems - especially on the Piccadilly Line. The
remainder of the line is pretty reliable these days but the SSL managed
bits need work. There has been a lot of pressure placed on Metronet to
sort this stretch of railway out.
--
Paul C

Old August 3rd 05, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

If it was "dire" couldn't it have been done before the ECT - WCL stuff?

Of course one could ask LU after the never ending ECT - WCL work how
many extra trains, how quicker the journey time, how many more
reversing points etc will be provided? We can suspect the answer - a
big fat zero.

The in-car line diagrams on D Stock initially showed dates of
suspension, this may have been amended once, now there is a catch-all
sticker basically saying suspensions will occur UTFN at LU's request.

By the way, who's running the show, LU or Metronot/Tube Lies? Oh no
it's the latter, for the next 30 years....

Old August 3rd 05, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 17:08:47 GMT, "Richard J."

I see the District & Picc must close through Hammersmith for
"important" or "urgent" work, something which can't delayed, yet
they haven't even finished the endless Earl's Court -
Whitechapel weekend shutdowns yet. Can't we have at least one
job finished before another starts?

Why would you want to delay track replacement between Barons Court and
Acton Town? The quality of the ride on that stretch is awful and has
led to speed restrictions.

Which is exactly the point. This section of track is in a dire state and
causes no end of problems - especially on the Piccadilly Line. The
remainder of the line is pretty reliable these days but the SSL managed
bits need work. There has been a lot of pressure placed on Metronet to
sort this stretch of railway out.

I'm sure that, given the choice, most people would rather have the work
completed at this point rather than delayed until later. It's good that
arrangement as been made to allow the use of Travelcards on HEx and
Heathrow Connect.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7