Old August 10th 05, 03:59 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

Default When God made truck drivers

Steve

What you need seems to be a tranquilizer... any type... Or to remove
the diving apparatus from the head...
Why do not try it?

Old August 10th 05, 11:01 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 11:47:13 +0100, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

James Farrar wrote:

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:37:29 +0100, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

James Farrar wrote:

Race: "a family, tribe, people, or nation"

That is a poor definition

Because it doesn;t fit your argument?

Because it omits context, as was given in the section that you snipped.

The section I snipped was a different definition, one you prefer to
the one I gave because it (unlike mine) fits your argument.

--
James Farrar

September's coming soon
Old August 11th 05, 08:16 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

wrote:

James Farrar wrote:

Race: "a family, tribe, people, or nation"

That is a poor definition

Because it doesn;t fit your argument?

Because it omits context, as was given in the section that you snipped.

The section I snipped was a different definition, one you prefer to
the one I gave because it (unlike mine) fits your argument.

So now it's your definition?

"mine" = "the one I quoted". Don't be so disingenuous; you know what I
meant.

Funny and there was me thinking it came
from one of those ****-poor online dictionaries.

Actually, Merriam-Webster is a respected dictionary.

Whatever, you're wrong the reference source for the English language is
the OED,

That's not much of a sentence; I believe you missed a semi-colon.

Nonetheless, there is no single source for the English language. The
OED has quirks of its own that many do not accept.

You were wrong, learn to live with it.

No, I was right, just different.

--
James Farrar

September's coming soon
Old August 11th 05, 10:53 PM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:17:24 +0100, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

Duhg and his cronies who like to think that the
English language says what they think it means.

The English language means what consensus says it means.

Consensus is that racism includes slights against nationalities as
well as ethnic groups (which are generally less definable anyway).

--
James Farrar

September's coming soon
Old August 12th 05, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport,uk.transport.london,uk.transport.buses

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005, Steve Firth wrote:

James Farrar wrote:

Consensus is that racism includes slights against nationalities as
well as ethnic groups (which are generally less definable anyway).

Utter ********, there is no such consensus.

Correct - i certainly don't think racism includes nationality-based abuse.
The word for that is chauvinism. More or less.

tom

--
Everybody with a heart votes love

Old September 7th 11, 08:25 AM
Junior Member

I'm a truck driver in Italy and me and my family are thinkig of mooving to Canada, but I will like to know firts how much does a truck driver earn a year in this country. I will also like to know the average living cost of a family of five.