Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 18th 05, 11:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Blue is the new Pink - TfL 7DTC become Oyster only

"David Howdon" wrote in
message ...
Richard Adamfi wrote:
These posters have appeared at such far flung locations such as Three
Bridges and Portsmouth Harbour. Is there much point in advertising
Oyster this far away from the capital?

The only reason I could think of is if there are lots of people with a
'weekend' home out that way who commute into London weekly, stay in their
London home and travel on the tube during the week. I suppose people in
that category might care.

I live in Brighton, but travel to London often - sometimes for a day at a
time, sometimes several, and I absolutely love the Prepay Oyster. I'd
certainly use the system next time I need a 7-day card too.

I'm actually surprised that they're not more common amongst people down
here. London's a 50-minute journey away so it's pretty common to go up there
just for shopping or social gatherings.

All we need now is for Southern to get in on the act and allow the whole
journey to go on the Oyster, just like when you buy a Brighton-London return
ticket with the travelcard built in. (Please, please!) Although it would be
hideously easy to forget to "sign out" when getting home on the last train.
(The barriers are almost always open for arrivals on the midnight-five & one
a.m. trains from Victoria.)