Old October 9th 15, 08:09 AM
Junior Member

Smile Clapham Junction Pink Oyster Reader

Hello

I want to travel to Canary Warf from Worcester Park using the London Overground from Clapham Junction.

I will touch in at Worcester Park but do I have to touch the pink reader at Clapham Junction before I get on the Overground...?

Thanks for your help.

Old October 9th 15, 11:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message of Fri, 9 Oct 2015 10:56:35 in
uk.transport.london, "
writes
On 09.10.15 9:09, Kerry Hawkins wrote:
Hello

I want to travel to Canary Warf from Worcester Park using the London
Overground from Clapham Junction.

I will touch in at Worcester Park but do I have to touch the pink reader
at Clapham Junction before I get on the Overground...?

Thanks for your help.

I would.

The single fare finder says "To ensure you are charged the appropriate
fare you must touch on the pink card reader if interchanging at Canada
Water". No mention on CLJ. This selects 2.70/2.10 in place of 5.40/4.20.

I found Single Fare Finder on an Android 'phone with: start at
https://tfl.gov.uk, Menu/Fares & payments/Single fare finder.
--
Walter Briscoe
Old October 9th 15, 02:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

You should touch every pink Oyster reader that you encounter during your journey. It will either have no effect on the fare that you pay, or it will reduce your dare, it will never cause you to pay a higher fare.
Old October 9th 15, 03:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 09/10/2015 12:34, Walter Briscoe wrote:

In message of Fri, 9 Oct 2015 10:56:35 in
uk.transport.london, "
writes

On 09.10.15 9:09, Kerry Hawkins wrote:
Hello

I want to travel to Canary Warf from Worcester Park using the London
Overground from Clapham Junction.

I will touch in at Worcester Park but do I have to touch the pink reader
at Clapham Junction before I get on the Overground...?

Thanks for your help.

I would.

The single fare finder says "To ensure you are charged the appropriate
fare you must touch on the pink card reader if interchanging at Canada
Water". No mention on CLJ. This selects 2.70/2.10 in place of 5.40/4.20.

Yep there's no need to use the one at Clapham Junction, though nothing
bad will happen if one does (it'll have no effect at all).

I found Single Fare Finder on an Android 'phone with: start at
https://tfl.gov.uk, Menu/Fares & payments/Single fare finder.

The URL is:
https://tfl.gov.uk/fares-and-payment...le-fare-finder

The TfL site is built on the responsive web design basis, so (the theory
is) you'll be served a page appropriate to your device whether that be
mobile or 'full screen' (laptop/desktop).
Old October 9th 15, 06:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
On Fri, 9 Oct 2015 07:07:15 -0700 (PDT), Steve Lewis
wrote:

You should touch every pink Oyster reader that you encounter during your
journey. It will either have no effect on the fare that you pay, or it
will reduce your dare, it will never cause you to pay a higher fare.

Wrong. You should only touch the ones specified by TfL in the Single
Fare Finder.

Really?

Then that is, with the best will in the world, a completely ****ed up
system. And worse, one which TfL have not communicated to the public.

Are you seriously suggesting that anyone who travels on a TfL service
involving a change of train is expected to go online first to find out
where they should or should not touch the reader?