Old September 15th 05, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Watford-Clapham Jn - 31st August

I was relying on the "Southern" Watford Junction to Clapham Junction train
to arrive at Harrow & Wealdstone at 23:24 on Wednesday August 31st to get us
to Clapham Junction for a connection to Gatwick for an early flight. A
gentleman from Ghana was also trying to get to Gatwick for his flight which
he said was about 04:30. The indicator boards were giving information of
delays due to signalling problems between Euston and Watford Junction and as
the train hadn't arrived by 23:35 I phoned Train Enquiries. They knew there
were delays but knew nothing of my particular train. The train still hadn't
arrived by 23:50 and Train Enquiries still couldn't say when or even IF the
train would run. They advised us to go via London.
We all caught a Bakerloo train but it terminated at Queens Park and we were
told that no more trains would be going south from Queens Park that night !!
We caught a night bus to Victoria, arriving about 01:30 only to find the
gates shut. Fortunately we did eventually get to Gatwick but can anybody
tell me whether that last train from Watford Junction to Clapham Junction
ever did run ?
Cheerz,
Baz