Old September 28th 05, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo & City Line to Close for 5 Months

"Joe Patrick" wrote in message
. ..
From April 2006...
http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk/news/news.asp?story=276

1st of April 2006 down at The Drain will find droves of would-be travellers
exclaiming "you're joking!"

Kinda poetic, actually.

--
Brian
"Anyway, if you have been, thanks for listening."

Old September 29th 05, 08:35 AM posted to uk.transport.london

asdf wrote:
(snip)
And what about "replacement of old Network Rail engineering features"!
A bit of airbushing of history going on there...

And it's somewhat confusing to even bring Network Rail into the
picture, as LU took over the line directly from British Rail in 1994.
Network Rail has thus never had custody of the line.

Looking at CULG, it's intriguing to note that within LU, the W&C line
has been under Central Line management, then Bakerloo line management,
and then East London Line management. When the East London Line ceases
to be an LU operation then the W&C will need yet another new management
home. I wonder what the reason is for all these changes.

Old September 29th 05, 10:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 29 Sep 2005 01:35:18 -0700, "Mizter T" wrote:

And what about "replacement of old Network Rail engineering features"!
A bit of airbushing of history going on there...

And it's somewhat confusing to even bring Network Rail into the
picture, as LU took over the line directly from British Rail in 1994.
Network Rail has thus never had custody of the line.

That was rather my point...

Still, at least if they set their targets low, we won't be
disappointed. Replacing every piece of former Network Rail
infrastructure on the line shouldn't be too hard...
Old September 29th 05, 10:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Mizter T wrote:

asdf wrote:
(snip)
And what about "replacement of old Network Rail engineering features"!
A bit of airbushing of history going on there...

And it's somewhat confusing to even bring Network Rail into the
picture, as LU took over the line directly from British Rail in 1994.
Network Rail has thus never had custody of the line.

.... and there were never any Romans in York, Chester or London ...
--
A picture recently added to my gallery collection:
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p13624510.html

Old September 29th 05, 02:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

said:

. improved platform train interface

What on earth does this mean in plain English? I can just about guess
the other ones, but this has me really puzzled.

Old September 29th 05, 02:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote in message
said:

. improved platform train interface

What on earth does this mean in plain English? I can just about guess
the other ones, but this has me really puzzled.

Do not 'mind the gap' anymore, perhaps?

Paul

Old September 29th 05, 02:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005 15:02:44 +0100, wrote:

said:

. improved platform train interface

What on earth does this mean in plain English? I can just about guess
the other ones, but this has me really puzzled.

You won't have to Mind The Gap :-)