Old June 1st 06, 09:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Waterloo & City line

Did anyone see London Tonight, where they went to Doncaster to see the
newly refurbished W&C line trains?

First off, they talked about the trains as if they were a million years
old, and falling to bits. As they're the same as the Central Line stock
(as far as I can see), I'd have thought they were anything but falling
to bits. Apart from the refurb inside and a repaint, was there anything
else actually wrong with the trains?

They've fitted CCTV and given it a repaint (presumably/hopefully with
anti-graffitti paint and anti-etch film) but, my god, the colour scheme
- the same as the line - is AWFUL. The seats are sickly, but the
exterior is nice enough. I am now wondering what has the worst interior
- the Jubilee line or this (excluding the old orange/brown District
line stock).

Jonathan

Old June 3rd 06, 07:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Pics at http://www.metronetrail.com/default....=1144082225312

Barry Salter wrote:
On 1 Jun 2006 14:45:20 -0700, "Jonathan Morris"
wrote:

Did anyone see London Tonight, where they went to Doncaster to see the
newly refurbished W&C line trains?

First off, they talked about the trains as if they were a million years
old, and falling to bits. As they're the same as the Central Line stock
(as far as I can see), I'd have thought they were anything but falling
to bits. Apart from the refurb inside and a repaint, was there anything
else actually wrong with the trains?

Unlike the main Central Line fleet, the W&C 92TS was pretty much "as
new", retaining the armrests and without most of the modifications that
have been made on the main fleet.

It's possible that the overhaul will also include making some or all of
those mods, and the removal of the armrests...Guess we'll have to wait
'til September to find out!

Cheers,

Barry

--
Barry Salter, barry at southie dot me dot uk
Read uk.* newsgroups? Read uk.net.news.announce!

Old June 5th 06, 01:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article .com,
(Adrian) wrote:

Pics at
http://www.metronetrail.com/default....=1144082225312

So they are keeping the original (TOPS) car numbers then?

--
Colin Rosenstiel