Old October 2nd 05, 07:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Greatly reduced rail acess to Enfield over the weekend

Never known it so difficult to get in/out of Enfield by rail this weekend:-

Southbury Loop/Enfield Town - Liverpool Street service bustituted
Hertford Loop (Enfield Chase) - reduced service of one train an hour due to
E.C.M.L. diversions
Cockfosters - (Enfield West, now Oakwood) Wood Green - bustituted
Stevenage - Alexandra Palace via New Barnet (another Enfield - London rail
access via 307 bus) -
Yes you have guessed it, bustituted.

Bustituted rail services all take at least double the time of the train
journey. Many passengers
put of travelling or go by car adding to the already haplessly overcrowded
roads in North London.

Dave C

Old October 2nd 05, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005, david cockle wrote:

Never known it so difficult to get in/out of Enfield by rail this weekend:-

Southbury Loop/Enfield Town - Liverpool Street service bustituted
Hertford Loop (Enfield Chase) - reduced service of one train an hour due to
E.C.M.L. diversions
Cockfosters - (Enfield West, now Oakwood) Wood Green - bustituted
Stevenage - Alexandra Palace via New Barnet (another Enfield - London rail
access via 307 bus) -
Yes you have guessed it, bustituted.

Bloody hell! I didn't realise it was quite that bad. Is this just a
complete failure of joined-up engineering, or does someone have it in for
Metropolitan Hertfordshire?

I was caught up in it myself - i thought i'd go for a bike ride into the
country, then get a train back. Hertford, i thought to myself - i'll be
able to get a quick train home from there. Next time, i'll check the NR
engineering work webpage before doing something like that.

tom

--
Eat + Read + Learn = Word
Old October 2nd 05, 11:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

And all the time Wagn have no train service, their brand new Journey
Check service has been saying "No problems" with NO information being
given about the buses, or what times they are. Check Wagn's site, the
JCheck service (WAP, PDA or web) or National Rail, and you're simply
told there are NO services at all on Saturday or Sunday.

It's a joke.. and I can't believe Wagn has produced a bunch of posters
and pamphlets on the new journey check service when it doesn't give ANY
information on engineering work or bus replacements. Amazingly, Nexus
Alpha has managed to do it for the likes of Silverlink, Central Trains,
One and SWT (and presumably all the other TOCs they've launched the
service for).

I simply used Thameslink to go into London yesterday. Cost me £2.90 to
the Zone 6 boundary (Gold card discount) and the train got to KX from
St Albans in 19 minutes! Add on £1 for parking, and Wagn can go to
hell until December.. Of course, Wagn won't be complaining that so few
people will be wanting to sit on a bus for an hour or two in each
direction.

Jonathan

Old October 3rd 05, 12:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...

Bloody hell! I didn't realise it was quite that bad.
Is this just a complete failure of joined-up engineering,
or does someone have it in for Metropolitan Hertfordshire?

When was Enfield in Hertfordshire?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old October 3rd 05, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005, John Rowland wrote:

"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...

Bloody hell! I didn't realise it was quite that bad. Is this just a
complete failure of joined-up engineering, or does someone have it in
for Metropolitan Hertfordshire?

When was Enfield in Hertfordshire?

Pass.

And YKVeryWellWIM!

tom

--
taxidermy, high tide marks, sabotage, markets, folklore, subverting, .
Old October 3rd 05, 02:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

John Rowland wrote:
"Tom Anderson" wrote in message
h.li...

Bloody hell! I didn't realise it was quite that bad.
Is this just a complete failure of joined-up engineering,
or does someone have it in for Metropolitan Hertfordshire?

When was Enfield in Hertfordshire?

It still is, or to be more accurate, parts of the London Borough of
Enfield have postal addresses in which the (optional) postal county is
Hertfordshire. For example, Cockfosters Station, Cockfosters Road,
BARNET, Hertfordshire, EN4 0DZ.

--
Richard J.

Old October 3rd 05, 03:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Richard J." wrote in message
.uk...

Bloody hell! I didn't realise it was quite that bad.
Is this just a complete failure of joined-up engineering,
or does someone have it in for Metropolitan Hertfordshire?

When was Enfield in Hertfordshire?

It still is, or to be more accurate, parts of the London Borough of
Enfield have postal addresses in which the (optional) postal county is
Hertfordshire. For example, Cockfosters Station, Cockfosters Road,
BARNET, Hertfordshire, EN4 0DZ.

And that's why postal counties are teh ghey.

That example address alludes to the county of Herts AND the borough of
Barnet AND the borough of Enfield. It's all over the place.

Officially I believe Enfield has only ever been in Middlesex and latterly
Greater London.

BTN

Old October 3rd 05, 03:28 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Sir Benjamin Nunn wrote:

that's why postal counties are teh ghey.

pardon?

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p12161575.html
(220 005 passing Winwick at speed on 24 Feb 2005)