Old September 15th 08, 03:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default NLL Camden Road work package reduced

Don't think anyone has mentioned the reduced scope of the NLL improvements,
basically the 4 tracking will not go as far as Camden Rd due to the state of
the out of use bridges.

This reduces the Stratford - Camden Rd service frequency in the off peak, as
there is no longer a centre turnback.

Details on the ORR site here, including track diagrams:

http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/upload/pd...808-annexa.pdf

Paul S

Old September 15th 08, 03:52 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 15 Sep, 16:34, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Don't think anyone has mentioned the reduced scope of the NLL improvements,
basically the 4 tracking will not go as far as Camden Rd due to the state of
the out of use bridges.

This reduces the Stratford - Camden Rd service frequency in the off peak, as
there is no longer a centre turnback.

Details on the ORR site here, including track diagrams:

http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/upload/pd...808-annexa.pdf

Paul S

On a related issue, I noticed on Sunday that trains were running from
Euston to Queens Park.

Is this normal, during the blockade, or was it because of the rest of
the LO not running at all that day?
Old September 15th 08, 04:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"MIG" wrote in message
On 15 Sep, 16:34, "Paul Scott" wrote:
Don't think anyone has mentioned the reduced scope of the NLL
improvements,
basically the 4 tracking will not go as far as Camden Rd due to the state
of
the out of use bridges.

This reduces the Stratford - Camden Rd service frequency in the off peak,
as
there is no longer a centre turnback.

Details on the ORR site here, including track diagrams:

http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/upload/pd...808-annexa.pdf

Paul S

On a related issue, I noticed on Sunday that trains were running from
Euston to Queens Park.

Is this normal, during the blockade, or was it because of the rest of
the LO not running at all that day?

Certainly seems 'normal' as far as the TfL info goes. Why Sunday is
different isn't clear though, there may just be more paths available?

Paul

Old September 15th 08, 04:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Sep 15, 4:52*pm, MIG wrote:
On 15 Sep, 16:34, "Paul Scott" wrote:

Don't think anyone has mentioned the reduced scope of the NLL improvements,
basically the 4 tracking will not go as far as Camden Rd due to the state of
the out of use bridges.

This reduces the Stratford - Camden Rd service frequency in the off peak, as
there is no longer a centre turnback.

Details on the ORR site here, including track diagrams:

http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/upload/pd...808-annexa.pdf

Paul S

On a related issue, I noticed on Sunday that trains were running from
Euston to Queens Park.

Is this normal, during the blockade, or was it because of the rest of
the LO not running at all that day?

The sunday service is normal, except that the additional engineering
work meant that the Euston-Watford Service was cut short to Queens
Park.
Old September 15th 08, 04:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
MIG MIG is offline

On 15 Sep, 17:13, Andy wrote:
On Sep 15, 4:52*pm, MIG wrote:

On 15 Sep, 16:34, "Paul Scott" wrote:

Don't think anyone has mentioned the reduced scope of the NLL improvements,
basically the 4 tracking will not go as far as Camden Rd due to the state of
the out of use bridges.

This reduces the Stratford - Camden Rd service frequency in the off peak, as
there is no longer a centre turnback.

Details on the ORR site here, including track diagrams:

http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/upload/pd...808-annexa.pdf

Paul S

On a related issue, I noticed on Sunday that trains were running from
Euston to Queens Park.

Is this normal, during the blockade, or was it because of the rest of
the LO not running at all that day?

The sunday service is normal, except that the additional engineering
work meant that the Euston-Watford Service was cut short to Queens
Park.

Ah yes, I hadn't spotted that they were running to Euston on Sundays.
I can see how stoppng LM services at Queens Park would be affected by
paths, but I wonder how Sundays are so different for LO/Bakerloo.

Old September 15th 08, 07:04 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 15 Sep 2008 09:30:28 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

Ah yes, I hadn't spotted that they were running to Euston on Sundays.
I can see how stoppng LM services at Queens Park would be affected by
paths, but I wonder how Sundays are so different for LO/Bakerloo.

Why are they running to EUS on Sunday?

Neil

--
Neil Williams

Old September 15th 08, 07:13 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Ah yes, I hadn't spotted that they were running to Euston on Sundays.
I can see how stoppng LM services at Queens Park would be affected by
paths, but I wonder how Sundays are so different for LO/Bakerloo.

Why are they running to EUS on Sunday?

That's exactly what 'MIG' originally asked a few posts ago. It's timetabled,
but no one has said for sure why it can be on Sundays, but not on weekdays.
It must be that there are only so many paths from Camden Junction to Queens
Park, and the Stratford services use them all. As there are less Stratfords
on Sun, and possibly less freight?, presumably they can add back a Euston or
two...

Paul

Old September 15th 08, 07:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

As an aside, does anyone know why they seem to be keeping a unit in
the platforms at Euston during the week? It seems such a waste of a
platform and the only possible justification #I can think of is
keeping it there in case things go tits up and they need to be able to
run a service from Euston to Watford...
Old September 15th 08, 07:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Sep 15, 4:34*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:
Don't think anyone has mentioned the reduced scope of the NLL improvements,
basically the 4 tracking will not go as far as Camden Rd due to the state of
the out of use bridges.

This reduces the Stratford - Camden Rd service frequency in the off peak, as
there is no longer a centre turnback.

Details on the ORR site here, including track diagrams:

http://www.rail-reg.gov.uk/upload/pd...808-annexa.pdf

Paul S

Just a thought, couldn't someone repair the bridges, or failing that,
replace them?

I don't suppose that motorway bridges would be left unused if they
needed some work, witness the billions being squandered on the M1
widening in Beds/Herts, and the consequent bridge work there.

Rich