Old October 17th 05, 04:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default dumb question from America

i weigh approximately 400 pounds

what would my weight be in Stones?

Old October 17th 05, 04:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In news:q4Q4f.4146$t12.3369@trnddc03,
Got Any Gum ? typed:

i weigh approximately 400 pounds

what would my weight be in Stones?

Just over 28½ stones. You're a big bloke!!!

1 stone = 14 pounds

--
Bob

Old October 17th 05, 04:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Got Any Gum ?" wrote in message
i weigh approximately 400 pounds

what would my weight be in Stones?

Wow. Somebody heavier than me.

BTN

Old October 17th 05, 05:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Got Any Gum ? wrote:

i weigh approximately 400 pounds

what would my weight be in Stones?

There are 14 pounds in a stone, so approximately 28 and a half.

--
Sometimes you get a different and unexpected result...
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p9633055.html
Old October 17th 05, 06:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article q4Q4f.4146$t12.3369@trnddc03,
Got Any Gum ? wrote:
i weigh approximately 400 pounds

what would my weight be in Stones?

google for "400 pounds in stone". From:
http://www.google.co.uk/help/features.html#calculator
} To use Google's built-in calculator function, simply enter the
} calculation you'd like done into the search box and hit the Enter
} key or click on the Google Search button. The calculator can solve
} math problems involving basic arithmetic, more complicated math,
} units of measure and conversions, and physical constants. Try one
} of the sample expressions below, or refer to our complete instructions
} for help in building your own.

--
RIP Morph (1977-2005)

Old October 17th 05, 11:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Got Any Gum ? wrote:
i weigh approximately 400 pounds

what would my weight be in Stones?

google for "400 pounds in stone". From:
http://www.google.co.uk/help/features.html#calculator
} To use Google's built-in calculator function, simply enter the
} calculation you'd like done into the search box and hit the Enter
} key or click on the Google Search button. The calculator can solve
} math problems involving basic arithmetic, more complicated math,
} units of measure and conversions, and physical constants. Try one
} of the sample expressions below, or refer to our complete instructions
} for help in building your own.

Google calculator is great. It correctly calculates "what is the
answer to life, the universe and everything?"...

--
James Farrar
. @gmail.com
Old October 18th 05, 07:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Got Any Gum ? wrote:
i weigh approximately 400 pounds

what would my weight be in Stones?

181.6 kg. There is no official measurement called Stones.
(At least, not in the UK).

However, Mick Jagger is reported to weigh a constant 63.5Kg.
Bill Wyman
Keith Richards
Ronnie Wood
Darryl Jones
Charlie Watts is also 63.5kg

Mick Taylor (no longer in the Stones)

so though Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts are skinny, let' assume the rest
of the stones are closer to average, so I'd reckon on the combined
weight of the current members of the Stones to be 419kg

That makes your weight in Stones to be 0.433

I'm sure that someone out there knows more about the weight of members
of the Rolling Stones, in which case, they are welcome to correct me.

That is the weight of two of me.

Now, are you going to ask if you need to buy two tickets?

--
Simon Hewison
Old October 18th 05, 10:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Simon Hewison" wrote in message

181.6 kg. There is no official measurement called Stones.
(At least, not in the UK).

There sure is, although it's more often (wrongly) called 'stone' - singular,
and with a lower-case 's'. Use it every day.

Ian
(over 15 stone and on a diet)

Old October 18th 05, 11:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:42:01 +0100, Simon Hewison
wrote:

181.6 kg. There is no official measurement called Stones.
(At least, not in the UK).

Official? You trying to make an anti-metrication point?

You don't need to. 'Cos we all know what stones are. So, even, does
Google :-)
Old October 18th 05, 11:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 00:09:41 +0100, Laurence Payne
wrote:

181.6 kg. There is no official measurement called Stones.
(At least, not in the UK).

Official? You trying to make an anti-metrication point?

I think he means as opposed to the well-known measurement known simply
as "stone"...