Old October 23rd 05, 12:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

Default Tube disruption map

Anybody know what has happened to the real time disruption map that used
to be at http://map.tfl.gov.uk/realtime.asp ?

Old October 23rd 05, 08:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Fig wrote:
Anybody know what has happened to the real time disruption map that used
to be at http://map.tfl.gov.uk/realtime.asp ?

The pages were updated earlier in the week, to a new style, however the
link to 'Tube disruption map' is still in the menu, so it might be
coming back, but a line-by-line list of tube disruptions can be found at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/
--
Joe Patrick
Railways Online - for GB railway news, information & photos
Old October 23rd 05, 09:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Joe Patrick wrote in
:

Fig wrote:
Anybody know what has happened to the real time disruption map that
used to be at http://map.tfl.gov.uk/realtime.asp ?

The pages were updated earlier in the week, to a new style, however
the link to 'Tube disruption map' is still in the menu, so it might be
coming back, but a line-by-line list of tube disruptions can be found
at http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/

Shame I didn't check this yesterday before I went up to London to the LT
Museum Depot open day. I knew that there was going to be some disruption to
the District line and that people were advised to travel to Acton Town via
Ealing Broadway.

The posters at Ealing Broadway talked about the District Line being closed
between Acton Town and Hammersmith and the Piccadilly Line being closed
between Acton Town and Hyde Park Corner, with a replacement bus between AT
and Hammersmith.

So when I'd finished at the Depot and wanted to travel to South Kensington
to go to the Science Museum, I decided to take the bus. Firstly the bus was
VERY slow, because of heavy traffic along Chiswick High Road and the need to
turn off this road and negotiate the back streets to get to the intermediate
stations. And secondly, when I got to Hammersmith District Line station, it
was closed! What the posters at Ealing Broadway hadn't mentioned was that
the line was actually closed right as far as Earl's Court, and when you got
to Hammersmith you needed to get another bus to Earl's Court. And I couldn't
find the bus so I ended up walking along Hammersmith Road to Olympia and
getting a train there, with a very long delay at Earl's Court for the
eastbound train. Total journey time from Acton Town to South Kensington was
about an hour and a half! It would probably have taken about 10 minutes if
the line had been running.

If I'd have known how much of the line was *really* closed, I'd have gone
back to Ealing Broadway, into Paddington and then round on the Circle.

Old October 23rd 05, 11:52 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Fig" wrote in message newsp.sy2ofgnqm4iaeb@dell...
Anybody know what has happened to the real time disruption map that used
to be at http://map.tfl.gov.uk/realtime.asp ?

I can't help thinking that this isn't the best name for it.
I immediately got this idea that it showed the location of the
most recent bombing.

tim

Old October 23rd 05, 07:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Martin Underwood" wrote in
:

Fig wrote:
Anybody know what has happened to the real time disruption map that
used to be at http://map.tfl.gov.uk/realtime.asp ?

Shame I didn't check this yesterday before I went up to London to the
LT Museum Depot open day. I knew that there was going to be some
disruption to the District line and that people were advised to travel
to Acton Town via Ealing Broadway.

The map only ever seemed to show unplanned disruption which could make it
rather misleading at weekends ...

I will miss it.

Old October 24th 05, 12:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:09:39 +0100, steve wrote:

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:17:30 +0100, Fig wrote:

Anybody know what has happened to the real time disruption map that used
to be at http://map.tfl.gov.uk/realtime.asp ?

It prevents people making things like tubehell.mov.

Been reading about this but seems to have been taken down from the
origional location. Anybody kn ow of any mirrors?

--
Fig
Old October 24th 05, 12:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:09:48 +0100, David Jackman
wrote:

"Martin Underwood" wrote in
:

Fig wrote:
Anybody know what has happened to the real time disruption map that
used to be at http://map.tfl.gov.uk/realtime.asp ?

Shame I didn't check this yesterday before I went up to London to the
LT Museum Depot open day. I knew that there was going to be some
disruption to the District line and that people were advised to travel
to Acton Town via Ealing Broadway.

The map only ever seemed to show unplanned disruption which could make it
rather misleading at weekends ...

Agreed

I will miss it.

I do. I can make my daily journey from Willesden Green to West Drayton by
one of many routes. It was good to make a quick check and decide, before
leaving the house, which route to use.

--
Fig
Old October 24th 05, 06:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Fig Fig is offline

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 01:36:33 +0100, steve wrote:

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 01:12:30 +0100, Fig wrote:

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:09:39 +0100, steve wrote:

On Sun, 23 Oct 2005 01:17:30 +0100, Fig wrote:

Anybody know what has happened to the real time disruption map that
used to be at http://map.tfl.gov.uk/realtime.asp ?

It prevents people making things like tubehell.mov.

Been reading about this but seems to have been taken down from the
origional location. Anybody kn ow of any mirrors?

Bittorrent

http://www.prodigem.com/torrents/tor...tml?filelist=1

Thanks, got it now. Interesting project. I was suprised to see that the
Northern line doesn't actually appear to be half as bad as the impression
I had got (recent tripcock problems notwithstanding).

--
Fig
Old October 25th 05, 01:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Joe Patrick" wrote in message
. uk...
Fig wrote:
Anybody know what has happened to the real time disruption map that used
to be at http://map.tfl.gov.uk/realtime.asp ?

The pages were updated earlier in the week, to a new style, however the
link to 'Tube disruption map' is still in the menu, so it might be coming
back, but a line-by-line list of tube disruptions can be found at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/

The whole tfl site seems to be out of action at the moment.
--
David Biddulph

Old October 25th 05, 07:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Biddulph" wrote in message
"Joe Patrick" wrote in message
. uk...

The pages were updated earlier in the week, to a new style, however the
link to 'Tube disruption map' is still in the menu, so it might be coming
back, but a line-by-line list of tube disruptions can be found at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/

The whole tfl site seems to be out of action at the moment.

The site is OK again now.
--
David Biddulph