Old September 10th 03, 05:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default DLR Service Disruption

Just been chatting to a friend who works at Canary Wharf. Apparently
around 4pm this afternoon the only DLR route operating was Stratford
to Lewisham. The DLR website currently shows:

NO SERVICE WESTFERRY TO BANK/TOWER GATEWAY (both ways). A very LIMITED
replacement bus service between CANARY WHARF & the CITY. Normal rail
services on this route not expected to be running until after 19.30

Does anybody know what happened?

Travel photography is not just about documenting what you see while travelling. Pictures can capture the sense of adventure while in your own city or another country. Visit Travel-mania and share your travel and "Room With a View" photos at http://www.travel-mania.net/gallery

Old September 11th 03, 12:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve Naïve
writes
Protestors connected to an event at ExCel apparently attached themselves to
a DLR train

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2003/09/277023.html

Well worth a read for the sheer head-scratching bizarreness of it
although I can count myself among the local residents extremely ****ed
off at Excel for landing this on our doorsteps.

--
James Masterton - www.masterton.co.uk
Old September 11th 03, 08:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

James Masterton wrote in message ...
In message , Steve Naïve
writes
Protestors connected to an event at ExCel apparently attached themselves to
a DLR train

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2003/09/277023.html

Well worth a read for the sheer head-scratching bizarreness of it
although I can count myself among the local residents extremely ****ed
off at Excel for landing this on our doorsteps.

Pity the train didn't just drive off and drag that load of right-on
washed up losers under its wheels.

B2003
Old September 11th 03, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

James Masterton wrote the following in:

In message , Steve Naïve
writes
Protestors connected to an event at ExCel apparently attached
themselves to a DLR train

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2003/09/277023.html

Well worth a read for the sheer head-scratching bizarreness of it
although I can count myself among the local residents extremely
****ed off at Excel for landing this on our doorsteps.

I'm extremely ****ed off that I was out in central London at the time
so I missed out on getting a look at the action!

Out of interest, where is "Canning Park"? I don't remember ever hearing
or seeing of that before.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.
Old September 11th 03, 09:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

(Boltar) wrote the following in:
om

James Masterton wrote in message
In message , Steve Naïve
writes
Protestors connected to an event at ExCel apparently attached
themselves to a DLR train

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2003/09/277023.html

Well worth a read for the sheer head-scratching bizarreness of it
although I can count myself among the local residents extremely
****ed off at Excel for landing this on our doorsteps.

Pity the train didn't just drive off and drag that load of
right-on washed up losers under its wheels.

Yes, and let's also have a big man with a gun at polling stations,
shooting people if they don't vote for the right party.

Old September 11th 03, 02:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote in message .. .
Pity the train didn't just drive off and drag that load of
right-on washed up losers under its wheels.

Yes, and let's also have a big man with a gun at polling stations,
shooting people if they don't vote for the right party.

People at polling stations don't screw up services for other people.
If these muppets want to demonstrate fine, but if they make life
difficult for people who just want to get about their business (including
the people in the exhibition) they should be treated with contempt.
Inflicting your opinions on others whether they want it or not is hardly
democratic and personally I'm sick of these so called activists who seem
to think the voting booth isn't good enough for them and they need to
cause trouble instead.

B2003
Old September 11th 03, 02:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Pity the train didn't just drive off and drag that load of right-on
washed up losers under its wheels.

B2003

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Marc.
Old September 11th 03, 02:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Yes, and let's also have a big man with a gun at polling stations,
shooting people if they don't vote for the right party.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.

Robin, there is a difference between voting for no-hope candidates (like the
Greens) or out-and-out morons (like the B.N.P.) on the one had, which is
everyone's democratic right, and causing law-abiding folk massive disruption
when trying to get to or from work. Personally I'd just treat the former with
disdain, but as for the latter I'd throw whatever the law allows at them.

Marc.
Old September 11th 03, 02:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Pity the train didn't just drive off and drag that load of
right-on washed up losers under its wheels.

Yes, and let's also have a big man with a gun at polling stations,
shooting people if they don't vote for the right party.

People at polling stations don't screw up services for other people.
If these muppets want to demonstrate fine, but if they make life
difficult for people who just want to get about their business (including
the people in the exhibition) they should be treated with contempt.
Inflicting your opinions on others whether they want it or not is hardly
democratic and personally I'm sick of these so called activists who seem
to think the voting booth isn't good enough for them and they need to
cause trouble instead.

B2003

B2003, you have again taken the words out of my mouth, sir. Well said.

Marc.
Old September 11th 03, 03:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

(Mait001) wrote the following in:

Yes, and let's also have a big man with a gun at polling stations,
shooting people if they don't vote for the right party.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room
immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.

Robin, there is a difference between voting for no-hope candidates
(like the Greens)

Ah, so they're allowed to vote to express their opinions, but you admit
that they are voting for people with no chance of electoral success.
They therefore have no hope of being represented in the political
system and voting doesn't really offer them a chance to influence the
running of the country. Boltar said in his reply to me "I'm sick of
these so called activists who seem to think the voting booth isn't good
enough for them". Well I'd suggest that in actual fact the voting booth
isn't good enough for them, because they have no hope of electing a
candidate who would represent their political views.

or out-and-out morons (like the B.N.P.)

I doubt those protesters would ever consider voting for the BNP.

on the
one had, which is everyone's democratic right,

So it's everybody's democratic right to cast votes which, being
realistic, have no hope of influencing government. What a wonderful
right that is!

and causing
law-abiding folk massive disruption when trying to get to or from
work.

I'd point out that the law is a human creation and if laws have been
passed to remove from them the one form of political expression that
might actually get their views noticed, then it's them who we should
probably be sympathising with. Not the law abiding folk trying to get
to or from work who are caused a slight inconvenience on one day but
enjoy some kind of ideological representation in the House of Commons.

Personally I'd just treat the former with disdain,

Ah, so even if they express themselves by being good little girls and
boys and casting a useless vote you think badly of them.

but as
for the latter I'd throw whatever the law allows at them.

Stalin had the right idea, didn't he?