Old September 16th 03, 02:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default DLR Service Disruption

If you really feel strongly about this
guys presence go and tell him personally.

I would not waste my time and energy to give him the benefit of my opinion:
that is mine, and reserved for those that enquire about it or for newsgroups
such as this.

If I made a permanent protest of my opinions and foisted them on all and sundry
in the maniacal way that person does, I would expect to be treated with the
contempt that he deserves.

The verge of Parliament Square is not the location for, and the person that
camps out there is not the person with whom to have, reasoned debate.

Marc.

Old September 16th 03, 02:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mait001 wrote:
If you really feel strongly about this
guys presence go and tell him personally.

I would not waste my time and energy to give him the
benefit of my opinion: that is mine, and reserved for those
that enquire about it or for newsgroups such as this.

If I made a permanent protest of my opinions and foisted
them on all and sundry in the maniacal way that person
does, I would expect to be treated with the contempt that
he deserves.

Only in the opinion of pathetic small minded people.

The verge of Parliament Square is not the location for,

Why not? What is a suitable place for a debate?

and
the person that camps out there is not the person with whom
to have, reasoned debate.

Juding by your spoutings on this thread you wouldn't know a reasoned debate
if it was standing in front of you.

In view of your unwillingness to tolerate dissent and people doing things
differently to the way you would choose to do them I think you would have
fitted in to the hardline Stalinist era in the Soviet Union remarkably well.
As it is you'll have to put up with North Korea, bye, bye.

Old September 16th 03, 03:35 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mait001 wrote:
If you really feel strongly about this
guys presence go and tell him personally.

I would not waste my time and energy to give him the
benefit of my opinion: that is mine, and reserved for those
that enquire about it or for newsgroups such as this.

If I made a permanent protest of my opinions and foisted
them on all and sundry in the maniacal way that person
does, I would expect to be treated with the contempt that
he deserves.

Only in the opinion of pathetic small minded people.

Fine by me. That's your opinion and you're entitled to it. Just as long as you
don't camp outside my house with placards stating the same!

The verge of Parliament Square is not the location for,

Why not? What is a suitable place for a debate?

A debating chamber. Or what about Speaker's Corner?

and
the person that camps out there is not the person with whom
to have, reasoned debate.

Juding by your spoutings on this thread you wouldn't know a reasoned debate
if it was standing in front of you.

Again, that's your opinion and you are welcome to express it. I happen not to
agree with you, but I won't be demonstrating the issue in public to the
annoyance or inconvenience of thousands.

In view of your unwillingness to tolerate dissent

Untrue: I am happy to tolerate dissent, and would defend to my dying day the
right to express ANY views (however politically incorrect). All that I object
to is people making a spectacle of themselves and inconveniencing others by
their conduct.

and people doing things
differently to the way you would choose to do them

Yes, I agree, a basic tenet of my philosophy of life is to act in a way that
does not inconvenience or cause upset: the D.L.R. demonstrators and the
Parliament Square man I object to, not because of their views, but because of
their poor behaviour.

I think you would have
fitted in to the hardline Stalinist era in the Soviet Union remarkably well.

Utter nonsense: in Stalinist Russia it was not just the MEANS of political
dissent that brought execution or transportation, it was the very FACT of
political dissent. I do not object to political dissent, just the bloody-minded
means that some people choose by which to express it.

As it is you'll have to put up with North Korea, bye, bye.

If you say so.

Marc.