Old November 12th 05, 06:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Traffic Delays in Tottenham

Bus services around Tottenham seem to be in a complete chaos this afternoon
due to an accident on the gyratory road. The TfL link gives disruption as
lasting both today and tomorrow:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/default.asp?time=weekend&mode=buses&line=41&incide nt=13311_TfL

Anyone idea of the severity of the accident?

--
Phil Richards
London, UK

Old November 12th 05, 07:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Phil Richards wrote:
Bus services around Tottenham seem to be in a complete chaos this afternoon
due to an accident on the gyratory road. The TfL link gives disruption as
lasting both today and tomorrow:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/realtime/default.asp?time=weekend&mode=buses&line=41&incide nt=13311_TfL

Anyone idea of the severity of the accident?

There was an accident in which a couple of pedestrians were knocked
down by a police van near Tottenham Bus Garage at lunchtime today, with
one of the pedestrians killed. I guess the long closure is to allow for
investigation of the circumstances, rather than simply clearing up the
accident.

Old November 12th 05, 10:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

No wonder the 123 was in a complete mess this afternoon with nothing
running beyond the Swan towards Wood Green. To say it was patchy going
the other way is an understatement.

I took a 123 from Wood Green to Tottenham Hale around 14:30 which ended up
being diverted from Bruce Grove up to Northumberland Park then back to
Tottenham Hale.

I dread to think what state routes like the 149 and 279 were in.

Tottenham High Road was grid locked about 17:00.

Presumably unconnected, but there seemed to be problems on West Green Road
between Turnpike Lane and Seven Sisters a bit later with the 41 and 230
being diverted along Downhills Way.

Old November 13th 05, 10:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 23:34:47 +0000, Phil Richards
wrote:

Paul Corfield wrote:

No wonder the 123 was in a complete mess this afternoon with nothing
running beyond the Swan towards Wood Green. To say it was patchy going
the other way is an understatement.

I took a 123 from Wood Green to Tottenham Hale around 14:30 which ended up
being diverted from Bruce Grove up to Northumberland Park then back to
Tottenham Hale.

Goodness - a long way round for a short cut.

I dread to think what state routes like the 149 and 279 were in.

Tottenham High Road was grid locked about 17:00.

I can imagine. The effect of this closure probably stretched for miles
as from experience it doesn't take much for this sort of thing to reach
almost to the City (via Dalston) and Camden. Forest Road in Walthamstow
was noticeably busy heading west.

When Spurs were playing the other week I noticed a 149 in service was
diverted away from the High Road and had run via Watermead Way and the
Tottenham Hale one way system. That was a surprise.

Presumably unconnected, but there seemed to be problems on West Green Road
between Turnpike Lane and Seven Sisters a bit later with the 41 and 230
being diverted along Downhills Way.

Only takes one impatient person and you have a further incident to
compound the original one.
--
Paul C

Old November 13th 05, 11:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:

I took a 123 from Wood Green to Tottenham Hale around 14:30 which ended up
being diverted from Bruce Grove up to Northumberland Park then back to
Tottenham Hale.

Goodness - a long way round for a short cut.

Looking at the map I guess this was the most appropriate route. I think the
318 (but only a single decker) goes down Dowsett Road but no easy route
from there to Tottenham Hale. I assume London Buses have approved
diversionary routes for emergencies?

At least that meant you could have a Wood Green to Walthamstow service
albeit with the 123/230 running in 2 parts joining up at Tottenham Hale.
Most other routes like the 41 and W4 were being turned round at Tottenham
Swan.

I dread to think what state routes like the 149 and 279 were in.

Tottenham High Road was grid locked about 17:00.

I can imagine. The effect of this closure probably stretched for miles
as from experience it doesn't take much for this sort of thing to reach
almost to the City (via Dalston) and Camden. Forest Road in Walthamstow
was noticeably busy heading west.

All seemed to be back to normal today...