Old November 16th 05, 07:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default suspicious behaviour patterns

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 19:00:03 +0100, "tim \(moved to sweden\)"
wrote:

Just read today that it's also going to recognise left behind baggage.

So every cast aside newpaper is going to set off a security alert.

This means the demise of 'Metro', obviously.
--
Nick Cooper

The London Underground at War, and in Films & TV:
http://www.nickcooper.org.uk/

Old November 16th 05, 07:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

tim (moved to sweden) wrote:
"R.C. Payne" wrote in message

James Farrar wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 20:32:31 +0000, Alex wrote:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/...642233,00.html

Commuters face airport-style scans

Yeah, they're talking about making HEX passengers be scanned.

Thus slowing down the process of boarding, and decreasing HEX's
advantage over the Tube (or indeed Heathrow Connect, which apparently
won't be affected!)

More ****e from the Government. What a surprise.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the idea behind this is to say, "look, we
tried to do it here, it really didn't work, so we'll not bother spending
the lots of money doing it elsewhere."

I don't believe the man who brought you the "45 minute
response" and "90 dys internment will make a difference"
can think this clearly

I don't think anything like this is one person's idea. This sort of
thing will make a lot of people *very* rich, and because it will never
work there's an unlimited number of `upgrades` and `replacements` to come.