Old November 24th 05, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 7/7 - where did the bus and trains go?

Hi all,

Was just wondering where the bus and trains involved in the terrible
explosions on 7/7 were taken to? I presume that they will all be
scrapped and done privately, I am just curious. More than likely this
is all top secret anyway, but if anyone can help then thanks.

Old November 24th 05, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24 Nov 2005 05:34:09 -0800, "Conductor in Charge of.........."
wrote:

Hi all,

Was just wondering where the bus and trains involved in the terrible
explosions on 7/7 were taken to? I presume that they will all be
scrapped and done privately, I am just curious. More than likely this
is all top secret anyway, but if anyone can help then thanks.

Based on info I've read on other groups I think the actual bombed
vehicles or carriages are in a police compound in Kent. This is where
all such vehicles typically end up and they won't be returned to the
owners. The Leyland Titan (accidentally) blown up by the IRA at the
Aldwych is apparently still there so that's give you a clue how long
these things are retained.

As for the other bits of trains I understand they went to depots. No
idea what's happening to them.
--
Paul C

Old November 24th 05, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Well, the last I heard, the first two cars of the Piccadilly Line train
at Russell Square, were taken down to Acton Works after the police had
finished with them. They are I believe Car Numbers 166 and 566.
The 3rd car from the front (366) is in the Piccadilly Line depot at
Cockfosters, in a shed road away from the public view.

Hobb.

Old November 24th 05, 09:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Hi all,

Was just wondering where the bus and trains involved in the terrible
explosions on 7/7 were taken to? I presume that they will all be
scrapped and done privately, I am just curious. More than likely this
is all top secret anyway, but if anyone can help then thanks.

Based on info I've read on other groups I think the actual bombed
vehicles or carriages are in a police compound in Kent. This is where
all such vehicles typically end up and they won't be returned to the
owners. The Leyland Titan (accidentally) blown up by the IRA at the
Aldwych is apparently still there so that's give you a clue how long
these things are retained.

Not aware of the Titan that got blown up, when was that? Presumably
nobody wants to scrap them! Would be a horrible task!

As for the other bits of trains I understand they went to depots. No
idea what's happening to them.

Thanks!

Old November 24th 05, 11:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

nConductor in Charge of.......... typed:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/d...00/4165719.stm

--
Richard J.

Old November 25th 05, 10:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

It's quite chilling just how similar this is to the bus bomb earlier
this year, even more so if the report of the bomber dying (albeit
unintentionally) in the expolsion was true.