Old January 24th 05, 09:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Did I hear correctly?

I am so sorry if this is true but did I hear James O'Brien on LBC
Radio this morning say that a bus driver was murdered very recently at
Hampton Wick and a man has been charged for the offence?

Reg

Old January 24th 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 10:41:19 +0000 (UTC), Reg Mouatt
wrote:

I am so sorry if this is true but did I hear James O'Brien on LBC
Radio this morning say that a bus driver was murdered very recently at
Hampton Wick and a man has been charged for the offence?

Reg

To answer my own question; sadly this is indeed true. It has been
reported on a later news bulletin and I am sure there will be more
details to follow. As a one time bus driver, my deepest sympathy goes
out to his family and friends and workmates. At an awful time like
this my good wishes go to each and everyone working on the job and for
you all to stay safe and well.

Reg
Old January 25th 05, 05:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I am so sorry if this is true but did I hear James O'Brien on LBC
Radio this morning say that a bus driver was murdered very recently at
Hampton Wick and a man has been charged for the offence?

Reg

To answer my own question; sadly this is indeed true. It has been
reported on a later news bulletin and I am sure there will be more
details to follow. As a one time bus driver, my deepest sympathy goes
out to his family and friends and workmates. At an awful time like
this my good wishes go to each and everyone working on the job and for
you all to stay safe and well.

Reg

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/n...in_ court.php

Bus driver murder suspect in court

A 25-year-old man has been charged with the stab murder of a south west London
bus driver.

Early on Friday Luke Rees-Pulley, 30, was found dead at his home in Heron House,
Hampton Wick, after a night out clubbing.

On Saturday morning police arrested Mr Mark Allen Turner, 25, in Kingston. He
was due to appear at Kingston Magistrates Court today.

Mr Rees-Pulley was last seen at 10.45 pm on Thursday when a female friend
dropped him off at a bus stop in front of the Pizza Express in Teddingdon High
Street.

Police believe he wanted to catch a bus to the Astoria nightclub in Charing
Cross Road, central London.

He returned home at 5am the next morning. Three hours later officers responding
to a 999 call discovered him suffering from stab wounds.

Detectives want to trace the victim's movements in between.

Yesterday a post mortem at Kingston Mortuary named the cause of death as a stab
wound to the neck.

The bus driver is described as white, of medium height, stocky build with short
cropped dark hair.

He wore a black leather bomber jacket, a crew neck jumper with a DKNY logo
across the front and blue flared jeans with a Hard Rock Cafe badge on the right
thigh. The oval buckle of his black leather belt featured an eagle and the words
"United States of America".

Scotland Yard asked anyone who saw Mr Rees-Pulley between 22.45pm and 5am to
call the Belgravia incident room on 020 7321 9251, or Crime Stoppers anonymously
on 0800 555 111.

9:37am Monday 24th January 2005

Old January 25th 05, 08:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

[...]

Thanks for that Marc,
As it appears not to be connected with the job it does put a
different aspect to the story but very sad all the same.

Reg

Old February 4th 05, 12:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I am so sorry if this is true but did I hear James O'Brien on LBC
Radio this morning say that a bus driver was murdered very recently at
Hampton Wick and a man has been charged for the offence?

Reg

Sorry to say, but if he drove as bad as 99% of the rest of the
busdrivers then I can see why he got attacked....

Old February 4th 05, 12:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I am so sorry if this is true but did I hear James O'Brien on LBC
Radio this morning say that a bus driver was murdered very recently at
Hampton Wick and a man has been charged for the offence?

Reg

He probably drove as bad and erratic as the drivers on 474 and 69 and
someone finally got enough...