Old December 2nd 05, 12:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Met line - Watford - Saturday?

Does the Met line run to Watford on Saturday? I can't work this out on
the TFL site.

If not, what's the fastest way of getting there from the City area (ie
Moorgate)?

thx

marc

Old December 2nd 05, 01:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

marcb ) gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying :

Does the Met line run to Watford on Saturday?

Yes.
Old December 2nd 05, 01:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

marcb wrote:
Does the Met line run to Watford on Saturday? I can't work this out on
the TFL site.

If not, what's the fastest way of getting there from the City area (ie
Moorgate)?

Bear in mind that Watford tube station is not near the town centre or
the fastest way to get
to Watford from the city.

You may find the train service from Euston to Watford Junction a better
choice.

David.

Old December 2nd 05, 02:37 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"David Sullivan" typed

Bear in mind that Watford tube station is not near the town centre or
the fastest way to get
to Watford from the city.

You may find the train service from Euston to Watford Junction a better
choice.

Agreed.

David.

The bus services to Watford Junction are not quick but they are cheaper
and go through central Watford. There's the 142 from Edgware and the 258
from Harrow. One Day Travelcards are valid all the way...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old December 2nd 05, 02:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005 12:33:04 +0000 (UTC), marcb
wrote:

Does the Met line run to Watford on Saturday? I can't work this out on
the TFL site.

Yes, but only from Baker Street. The joint Circle/Met/H&C section
between Baker Street and Liverpool Street is closed.

If not, what's the fastest way of getting there from the City area (ie
Moorgate)?

Central line from Bank to Oxford Circus; Bakerloo to Baker Street; Met
to Watford.

Or (depending what part of Watford you want to go to):
Northern line to Euston; fast train to Watford Junction. (Optional:
local train from Watford Junction to Watford High Street.)

Old December 2nd 05, 03:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , marcb
writes

Does the Met line run to Watford on Saturday? I can't work this out on
the TFL site.

Yes (from Baker Street).

If not, what's the fastest way of getting there from the City area (ie
Moorgate)?

There's no tube service between the city and Baker Street this weekend.
Circle/Bakerloo would get you to Baker Street, but mainline from Euston
is almost always going to be faster (14 mins on the fastest service).

--
Paul Terry
Old December 2nd 05, 06:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

marcb wrote:
Does the Met line run to Watford on Saturday? I can't work this out on
the TFL site.

Yes it does. There's nothing restricted about its times of operations
(like, say, Shoreditch, Chancery Lane). It may have skewed starting and
finishing times wrt other lines/stations, but it certainly isn't
"weekdays only".

If not, what's the fastest way of getting there from the City area (ie
Moorgate)?

I don't know whether there's a continuous service from Moorgate to
Watford, but you can certainly get there by changing at Baker Street,
HOTH, Moor Park, in various combinations.

I don't think Watford is served by express services from London; you might
be better off getting an Amersham/Chesham service and jumping off at Moor
Park. However, there are serious platform predictability problems at Moor
Park.

Watford Metropolitan Station is some distance from the center of Watford:
you might be better off going to Watford Junction, which can be reached
as an "extension" of the Bakerloo Line, or from Euston (local DC and fast).

Moorgate - Euston Square - Euston - WJ might be the best way.

Richard [in PE12]

Old December 5th 05, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Endymion Ponsonby-Withermoor III wrote:

marcb wrote:
[...]

Thanks for all the info.

In the end we went North London Line Dalston Kingsland to Willesden Junction,
then north to Watford High Street. A lot of stops, but slow and sure. And
Brighton got a point at Watford.

M.

Old December 5th 05, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london

marcb typed

In the end we went North London Line Dalston Kingsland to Willesden
Junction,
then north to Watford High Street. A lot of stops, but slow and sure. And
Brighton got a point at Watford.

Watford High Street is nice and close, but the 142 and 258 buses pass
Vicarage Road...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.
Old December 5th 05, 12:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Helen Deborah Vecht wrote:

marcb typed

In the end we went North London Line Dalston Kingsland to Willesden
Junction,
then north to Watford High Street. A lot of stops, but slow and sure. And
Brighton got a point at Watford.

Watford High Street is nice and close, but the 142 and 258 buses pass
Vicarage Road...

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

Well, the walk was an easy one. The stations on the line (esp Watford High
Street) look pretty dismal though.

M.